Book 1 Launch Menu Screwy

Macintosh support forum for Eschalon: Book I
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Book 1 Launch Menu Screwy

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Book 1, which is well over 2 years old, seems to be having problems with Apple's latest OS update 10.6.3.

The solution is that we need to recompile Book 1 with these latest updates in order to make it work like it is supposed to. However, due to obligations to launch Book 2 on schedule, we are not planning on doing this until later.

Until then, please look at this. It is the launch screen as it is supposed to look. All the functions still work, you just can't see them. Click anywhere in the bottom 10% of the window to launch the game. If the game itself also has messed-up graphics, then you might try switching from Windowed to Full-Screen (or vice-versa) by clicking just once, just above the Start Button, which will toggle between those two Screen Preferences.
book1_launch.jpg
book1_launch.jpg (105.92 KiB) Viewed 16591 times
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
csharp0
Initiate

Re: Book 1 Launch Menu Screwy

Post by csharp0 »

Awesome. A million thanks for the update. Looking forward to Book II.
Lack of clever wit.
Eddy
Initiate

Post by Eddy »

Thank you!

That would explain it. I'm playing Book 1 again on my Mac while I wait for the 26th.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I just downloaded the re-compiled version of Book I for the Mac, and it works perfectly. Thanks BW!
Gaspy1909
Pledge

Post by Gaspy1909 »

Thanks for the recompile.

You going to recompile the demo too? Still have that problem with the demo, also running in window mode is very interesting. Make sure you have a couple of finder windows and browsers windows open to see the weirdness.

Was thinking about not buying Book 1, because of those glitches. But I'm glad I went ahead a purchased it, because the same problems don't exist in the purchased copy.