Book II Questions Thread

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Book II Questions Thread

Post by realmzmaster »

Yes! Please bring back Father Michael, so I can deliver righteous justice to him!
History is written by the winners!
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

You mentioned three major regions for Book II, a temperate region, arctic region, and a volcanic region. About how large are these regions in comparison to the familiar Thaermore? In adddition, about how long can we expect this game to be? (ballpark estimate if necessary)
confused1
Apprentice

Post by confused1 »

Since we will be able to choose male or female characters, will stores stock different gender clothing? Or will it all be the same? And on a similar note, will gender help/hurt certain stats?
If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the hearts of men.
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

confused1 wrote:Since we will be able to choose male or female characters, will stores stock different gender clothing? Or will it all be the same? And on a similar note, will gender help/hurt certain stats?

Oh, man, don't ruin the female characters by only letting them use "girly" or "stripper" clothing. That would be a big disappointment after finally getting female characters...

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
confused1
Apprentice

Post by confused1 »

Jude wrote: Oh, man, don't ruin the female characters by only letting them use "girly" or "stripper" clothing. That would be a big disappointment after finally getting female characters...
I didn't mean like that...
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

confused1 wrote:
Jude wrote: Oh, man, don't ruin the female characters by only letting them use "girly" or "stripper" clothing. That would be a big disappointment after finally getting female characters...
I didn't mean like that...

@ confused1: That's good to know. :) I overreacted, thinking that your suggestions might start the kind of sexist stuff you can often find elsewhere, especially since us women seem to be rather outnumbered on these forums!

About the stat differences, if there are any, I think the player should be the one to choose the stats (or have it dependent upon class chosen--maybe necessary to balance the game), not have it built into the game by sex, race, whatever.

Jude

EDIT: fixed skipped words
Last edited by Jude on July 16th, 2008, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
Mongolian
Marshall

Post by Mongolian »

yes, lame if stats have to be different for female. Ooo yes, bonuses for a female gets +4 charisma and -1 all other stats :D
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Taking real life into account in the differences between the sexes the averages don't always average out. :) However there are exceptional people of all kinds in both. The Main Character of the Eschalon story is clearly an exceptional person. Thus gender shouldn't affect the stats. Unless of course the player chooses the stats specifically because of the Character's chosen gender, but that's a whole 'nother animal.
Hurleye
Pledge

Post by Hurleye »

Is there a chance Executioner and Skullsmasher could be in Book II?
confused1
Apprentice

Post by confused1 »

Sorry if this was already asked, but, will there be a storage type system in Book II?
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Ok heres something I like....

I always like in every g ame I play to find sets of items....like a complete set of armor of such and such which would be say gloves, armor, leg armor and boots and helmet...and by getting the complete set you get bonuses. Also as you get more then one you get a a bonus...

Hmmm that probably did not come out as clear as I wanted. I think something in this regarde gives the player another game within the game in a sense, it adds depth trying to find all the peices.
Mongolian
Marshall

Post by Mongolian »

OO, i love that reccomendation Rune. Maybe, just cause I'm a dolt, but I really couldnt understand the differences between using a sword, axe, or whatever I picked up.

Is it possable Book II could have a guide to explain what weapons do and other things? Or perhaps a NPC that could explain the differences?
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Rune:
So, this would be sort of like an archaeologist finding an entire skeleton? If you get the whole thing in one go then your receive more acclaim? I suspect this would necessitate having full sets of armor that only work at optimal capacity when matched with one another. I don't know... I don't like the idea of my character having to coordinate his or her clothes... and I don't really see the point in finding 'full sets' of armor, while armor is really a piece-by-piece affair, each piece having its own interesting qualities.

...I don't know, maybe I've misunderstood exactly what you mean?

I do have to give you credit, though, for giving voice to an idea that, despite the fact that you've said you've seen it in other games, sounds quite unique and odd to me (since I haven't, myself, had the fortune of seeing this sort of thing, yet, in any game, at least so far as you've described).
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
VPeric
Steward

Post by VPeric »

Evnissyen wrote:I do have to give you credit, though, for giving voice to an idea that, despite the fact that you've said you've seen it in other games, sounds quite unique and odd to me (since I haven't, myself, had the fortune of seeing this sort of thing, yet, in any game, at least so far as you've described).
Set items are very common in action RPGs (and MMORPG's, for that matter). Other than that, however, I can't think of any other RPG that has 'em.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

No you don't have to have it all as one set you find peices of the set. I think something like this could work in moderation....not one thousand different sets it would be wonky.

Think something like Shield of the Moon, Bracers of the moon, leggings of the moon etc... as you get more peices of the set and equip them more bonus's or abilities become available. And yes its from an action rpg, and even from AD&D with some artifacts. I like to think of it as a lore idea, these items were created to work together and if you have them all they work better....

This isn't to say that it ahs to be armor only, what about a set of jewelry? etc.

I guess I better put this in a question mode....

Any chance of this happening Basilisk?