Eschalon book II whole explored world map [SPOILER]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
h1to
Pledge

Re: Eschalon book II whole explored world map [SPOILER]

Post by h1to »

Turtle wrote:You can pay the guy at Edon to take you over, but only if you have the quest from Korren.
Ok I will do that, thank you!

BTW how to get to Korren ? ;D
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

He is in the swampy area north and west of Port Kuudad. Do you remember running into the Mire Trolls? They live in that area.

If you have the strange viewing glass, you can right-click to use it. When you get close to the hidden door you need to find, the glass will help you to the spot.
Ed Cakes
Apprentice

Post by Ed Cakes »

I just recently realized that the viewing glass actually directs you from any point once you enter that section of the world map. When you use the device, there is a flow/thrust to the sparkly things, and they point like an arrow in the direction you need to go from anywhere in the mire.

I thought it would only be useful when I was close, but it's useful the whole time.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Not particularly, because it only tells you "as the crow flies" which is no good with all those rocks in the way.
Ed Cakes
Apprentice

Post by Ed Cakes »

Well yeah, if you want your magic glass to paint striped arrows on the ground then don't bother.

Like I said, I found it useful, as it pointed me in the right direction from any point on that map.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Fair enough. I stumbled on the hideout during my first run through and after that, I had memorised the place. Looking through the glass often told me to go north when the only way to get there was south, so eventually I put it away and never used it again.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Huh. Looks like someone needs to update the world map with the new v1.05 maps, some of which are pretty substantially changed (e.g. the Northwest Kessian Basin map, with the new expanded Zoological Gardens; etc.).
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

IJBall wrote:Huh. Looks like someone needs to update the world map with the new v1.05 maps, some of which are pretty substantially changed (e.g. the Northwest Kessian Basin map, with the new expanded Zoological Gardens; etc.).
Edited 2014.03.18 with updated links + attachments

Ah, good idea. Updated fullsize images here: http://apocalyptech.com/eschalon/misc/e ... aps_v2.zip

I've also included versions which have an outline around the maps, so it's easier to tell what part of the landscape belongs on which map. I've inlined (very resized) those versions here but the non-lined ones are included in the zipfile.
mistfell_lines_tiny.png
mistfell_lines_tiny.png (162.05 KiB) Viewed 9426 times
norland_lines_tiny.png
norland_lines_tiny.png (42.7 KiB) Viewed 9426 times
amireth_lines_tiny.png
amireth_lines_tiny.png (68.58 KiB) Viewed 9426 times
Last edited by xolotl on March 18th, 2014, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrackedButter
Initiate

Post by CrackedButter »

How do you get the quest off Korren, I've spoken to him but he says nothing.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

The Book II world maps have disappeared from this thread again - somebody please tell me you have them saved somewhere, so that they're available for posting to this thread again!!

Thanks in advance.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

IJBall wrote:The Book II world maps have disappeared from this thread again - somebody please tell me you have them saved somewhere, so that they're available for posting to this thread again!!
Hey there - sorry for letting these lapse. I've re-uploaded them, the main link at least should be a permanent home. I'd used a filesharing service previously 'cause I figured it'd be a lot of bandwidth, but I'd guess that it's probably past the point where there'd be a huge rush. :)
mbrowne
Steward

Post by mbrowne »

Xolotl, did you capture those from somewhere other than the GUI viewing area? I'm thinking they must be stored somewhere because the whole map doesn't fit in the GUI.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

mbrowne wrote:Xolotl, did you capture those from somewhere other than the GUI viewing area? I'm thinking they must be stored somewhere because the whole map doesn't fit in the GUI.
Yeah, these were exported images from my map editor. Rather than individually load each one and hit "export" I cheated a little bit and modified the app slightly to loop through and export each one, but the images definitely weren't from the actual game.