Cartography, Titles and Typos (bugs and suggestions)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
darkhartx1
Initiate

Cartography, Titles and Typos (bugs and suggestions)

Post by darkhartx1 »

There is a typo on the Nefarious explanation at the very end it reads "an cleric or priest". :evil:

Cartography is my favorite thing about this game, but because some trees being clumped together, you end up with "white/blank" spots all over the map, call me a perfectionist but still, it took a lot of the satisfaction out of it for me. I don't think trees and rocks should break the skill's line of site. :evil:

Class problems -

Rogue
Virtuous Rogue = Bard because they sing songs of Heroism. A Rebel isn't a class, it's a cause and/or ideal against something, someone becomes a rebel until that cause is won or lost. For Example, If I said I was a rebel and that's my occupation. Then a Bard or Thief or Assassin say: This is our occupation/class. Which ones seem more logical?

(Ranger)
No ranger classes are granted Cartography or foraging or meditation? (harsh element vs ranger) anyone?

(Warrior)
The warrior has two Axion that grant sword skill?
Druidic Warrior should be given blunt weapons. Quarterstaff and druids make more sense to me.

(Paladin) should be given the shield skill because what would a paladin be without a shield?

(Cleric)
Atheistic Healer is called Sawbones and granted Cleaving weapons?
I personally would have went with Medic or Doctor with Medicine or Alchemy for it. That would be logical I think.

Necromancers Can't even use Divination magic to Raise the dead. Therefore the name is pointless. :evil: 8)

The UI
The quality of the UI is provocative (in a bad way).
Not to be insulting or anything, but the UI is very generic and Super Nintendo Looking. Whereas the game window itself looks much better.

No Cartography challenge? That's just mean. lol

That's it from my ten cents at the moment. I love the game, I wish I was part of it Developmental wise. :mrgreen:
Last edited by darkhartx1 on July 12th, 2010, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ~ Louis Hector Berlioz"
Rebelicious
Steward

Re: Cartography, Titles and Typos (bugs and suggestions)

Post by Rebelicious »

Out of the class names, I'd say that Rebel is by far one of the least annoying class names. I think the male/female naming conventions feel more haphazard.

I agree on the Sawbones thing, though. Reacted to that aswell. It just felt out-of-place somehow.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

FTR, there's a strongly related thread on basically this topic here.

But I'm going through the various Classes and Titles in that thread, and I do think a few of them need to be renamed (while others need to be shuffled around...)
darkhartx1
Initiate

Post by darkhartx1 »

Jedi_Learner wrote:
darkhartx1 wrote:The quality of the UI is provocative (in a bad way).
Not to be insulting or anything, but the UI is very generic and Super Nintendo Looking.
You find the quality of the user interface provocative, generic and it reminds you of Super Nintendo? Could you please elaborate.

It's blurry, and bulky, Just doesn't fit the graphic quality of the actual game. The Uncharted map (white) is bright enough to glare on a dark night or dungeon making it even harder to see. I realize I have the option to change that with a brightness boost but still. Tis annoying no? =/
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ~ Louis Hector Berlioz"
darkhartx1
Initiate

Post by darkhartx1 »

IJBall wrote:FTR, there's a strongly related thread on basically this topic here.

But I'm going through the various Classes and Titles in that thread, and I do think a few of them need to be renamed (while others need to be shuffled around...)
I wasn't aware, I feel sheepish now. lol

Thanks for the redirection Sir. :mrgreen: