Book II - What it will and won't be

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

I have a very good feeling right now. :o Cannot wait for Book II. I assume Book II will have more of that hauntingly beautiful music and excellent sound effects since it will have 80% new tiles! :D
History is written by the winners!
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

That's sounds great... As said in this thread I would also blindly buy the next book from BW.

If any kind of preordering would help having the release sooner, I will gladly make a reservation of the next 2 volumes.

Please continue on the Linux support and try to make linux available almost on the same time as windows for the next volume.
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
tungprc
Marshall

Post by tungprc »

RezoApio wrote:That's sounds great... As said in this thread I would also blindly buy the next book from BW.

If any kind of preordering would help having the release sooner, I will gladly make a reservation of the next 2 volumes.

Please continue on the Linux support and try to make linux available almost on the same time as windows for the next volume.
That really depends on the Linux crowd, RezoApio. It only makes sense to roll the game out fastest on the platform that brought in the most money. If Linux and Mac are matching the PC as far as registrations, then I agree with you 100%. If Linux got 12 registrations and the PC 300, then I'd cater to the PC gets released first idea. So go market Eschalon to all your Linux buddies. If they outregister the PC crowd then maybe Basilisk will release to you folks first!

All that aside, I think that the Linux release was less than 2 months after the PC release. That's amazingly fast for an indie game.
Athanasius
Initiate

Post by Athanasius »

Yes, preordering and a subscription option for Book II to secure and maybe fasten the development would also be my suggestion!
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

I'll happily pre-order if it means another Linux game - and especially if it means a Linux or multi-OS CD! ;)
Yeliu
Apprentice

Post by Yeliu »

Oh, that's wonderful news, really. One thing I love so much about Eschalon is the 2D PIxel graphics, though they could be slightly larger. I was really disappointed when Civilization 4 went completely 3D, and I loved the old graphics of Civ 3.

I definitely agree, Eschalon should stay old school RPG, and I would gladly pre-order my Mac version of Book II. :D
Tauschitz
Apprentice

Re: Book II - What it will and won't be

Post by Tauschitz »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
- Based on the poll results, we are going to stay solo (no party) for Book II. Don't worry, all you party people- we've got other things in the works.
Well, I have to say that I am very disappointed with this decision, though I understand the reasoning behind it. The tactical sophistication of a one person party simply cannot match that of a party.

I would like to be encouraged by the above quote, however, I must say that it is rather criptic - are you suggesting other games that you might work on after Eschalon II?

Any hints? :?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Tauschitz wrote:Any hints? :?
A party based game with a new engine, not part of the Eschalon series. We will work on it part-time along with our work on Book II. The announcement for this product will be made when we have an alpha version up and running. If everything goes right, we will finish it up (making that our full-time development focus) after Book II is finished, before we start Book III.
Tauschitz
Apprentice

Post by Tauschitz »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Tauschitz wrote:Any hints? :?
A party based game with a new engine, not part of the Eschalon series. We will work on it part-time along with our work on Book II. The announcement for this product will be made when we have an alpha version up and running. If everything goes right, we will finish it up (making that our full-time development focus) after Book II is finished, before we start Book III.
This is very encouraging, but it does bring another question to mind: is it possible that book III of Eschalon will be party based using whatever engine that party based games uses?