IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Grammatical Errors - Part Five

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Version 1.04d:
  • Opening dialogue with Mayor Theotus after your first meeting:

Full stop is missing.
I think you mean a "comma" is missing - "full stop" implies "period" to me! ;)
Jedi_Learner wrote:
  • Dialogue with Captain Morgan:

Quote mark is missing.
My favorite "fun fact" for Captain Morgan - he has just 1 HP!! :shock:
Man, has he fallen on hard times since Thaermore!! :lol:
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Image

This one is for you IJBall. :P
First quote - Needs a comma! Needs a comma!!

(OK, I admit it - I'm a 'comma whore'... :roll: :wink: )
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Not a grammatical error, but I didn't feel like starting a new topic to point out that (for crazy people who wander around with powder kegs who blast through the little fence) the dragon skeleton can be walked through. I suppose we could say it's big enough that you're walking under it, right?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Just found a new typo that no one else has found yet (and they really should have!!). Note:
Shepherd.jpg
Shepherd.jpg (118.4 KiB) Viewed 11480 times
It's spelled "shepherd"! (or, at least, that's what my American dictionary says!) :P

P.S. Can anyone who had played with v1.04d confirm whether or not the "scrolling up-arrow on the Skills list (character creation window)" bug has been fixed? TIA!
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

IJBall wrote:Just found a new typo that no one else has found yet (and they really should have!!).
I hadn't noticed anything strange about 'shepard', so perhaps I've more often come across references to the actor Sam Shepard then to the age old profession.
It can happen when you're not an indigenous English speaker. :wink:
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Four of the five "death" messages (Druidic, Virtuous, Nefarious, and Agnostic) have (what I consider to be!) typos or errors in them.

The "death" messages, with the typo fixes, are found here.

By far, the worst of the four is the 'Nefarious' one, where it currently reads "...In an instance..." when it should read "...In an instant,..." (The 'Nefarious' one also seems to be missing a word ("emanating"(?)) in the middle sentence.)

Note that the death messages are exactly the same in Book I, so all of the typos/errors listed here are also present in Book I. (In fact, I recall someone pointing out the Nefarious error earlier in the Book I forum somewhere...)
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Here's one, from Westwillow:
Mayor Theotus.jpg
Mayor Theotus.jpg (115.27 KiB) Viewed 11387 times
It should either read "...from resting eternally." or "...from rest eternal." (though "...from eternal rest." would read better).
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

I'm not sure whether these have been posted before (I'm still on version 1.03):

When you bring back the Crux of Fire to Korren it reads:
'In the glimmer of dancing torchlight, you see Korren's eye dancing with tears.' Better is 'eyes'; plural.
Madaline describing Picaroon:
'This island a trading post and port of repair.' The word 'is' is missing.
Mohal:
'I've remained here eversince, initially as a assistant...' Better is 'as an assistant'; with an 'n'.
Mohal:
'If you find the spider's nest and destroy it, and I'll pay you 1000 gold.' The second 'and' shouldn't be there.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Korren minces his words in a final dialogue.

'I need to you focus,' he says, instead of 'I need you to focus.'
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

I'm going through the spell descriptions, and while I haven't gone through all of them, I've found some issues with a few of them. (As I find more, I bring them up in this thread later...)

Any errors/typos are listed correctly inside "[...]" and marked in Blue.
Anything that should be cut is inside "[...]" and marked in Red.
Anything "optional" is listed in Gold...

Charm
Charms a single creature, causing it to turn and fight any other creature attacking the caster. The duration of the charm is 60 rounds. The charmed creature will not follow the caster around, but as long as the charm is active it will attack any other creature nearby that is aggressive towards the caster. The casting level determines the level of creature that can be charmed. {However, the most powerful creatures may completely resist the Charm spell.}

Cure Ailments
Ailments are afflictions such as diseases, broken bones or insanity- essentially any injury or condition that cannot be corrected by restoring Hit Points. The spell does not return lost Hit Points, remove poisons from the bloodstream, or address hunger or thirst. The severity and number of ailments determines how high the spell must be cast to have a curing effect. [The severity and number of ailments determines the casting level that the spell must be cast at in order to have a curing effect.]

Enchanted Weapon
This spell temporarily enchants any weapon placed in the caster's hand[, or the caster's hands themselves if no weapon is equipped]. Enchanted weapons deliver an additional 2 points of physical damage upon striking a target. As well, this enchantment makes common weapons effective against ethereal or supernatural creatures. The spell's duration is 10 rounds per casting level.

Haste
Causes the caster to move at increased speed, allowing him [or her] to perform an extra action per round. The duration is 4 rounds per casting level.

Protection From Curses
The spell shields the caster from the effects of cursing by surrounding him [or her] with a divine aura. The duration of the spell is 10 rounds per casting level.

Mystic Hammer
The caster summons a crushing hammer of divine energy to crush one opponent with terrible fury. Damage is 10-15 [hit points] per casting level.

Draw Water
This spell draws water from humidity in the air. The water automatically fills any water skins present in your inventory. The spell[']s effect draws 8 ounces {0.5 pounds} per casting level.

Gravedigger's Flame
This spell creates a magickal torch that floats above the caster's head, illuminating the darkness around him. The duration of the spell is 70 [rounds] per casting level.

Sparkling Wonder
Causes some enemies to flee in fright of the intense display of sparkling lights. While it causes no {physical} harm to the target creature, it does give the illusion that you are a more powerful mage casting a deadly spell, which fools many creatures {and NPCs} into fleeing from you. Larger or more intelligent creatures require a higher casting level for the spell to be effective. The fear induced by this magickal display generally lasts 20 rounds, but larger creatures are less [a]ffected by this spell.

Chameleon
Causes the caster to blend with the environment, making him harder To [H]it. Duration is 20 rounds per casting level.

Enkindled Weapon
This spell, while active, temporarily imbues any weapon held in the caster's hand[, or the caster's hands themselves if no weapon is equipped,] with bonus fire damage. The effect of the spell is 2 points of fire damage per casting level. The spell duration is 50 rounds.

Trapkill
When cast, waves of atmospheric pressure emanate from the caster affecting nearby traps, forcing them into mechanical failure. Most traps, especially those of simpler design, are susceptible to these rapid fluxations of pressure and can fail through the casting of this spell. More advanced trap designs will require a higher casting level to disarm. This is a touch-range spell: only traps immediately adjacent to the caster will be [a]ffected.

Ice Lance
Draw upon humidity in the air to form a[n] massive pointed shaft of ice that is hurled from the caster, inflicting 12-16 points of damage, per casting level, on whatever it strikes.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Hm, did some searching and didn't see this reported anywhere:
fridged.png
fridged.png
fridged.png (2.13 KiB) Viewed 11232 times
Should be "frigid."
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

No it shouldn't. That wind has been refridgerated and then kept in airtight cylinders until it was released in a giant crash up north. Therefore, the wind is, indeed, fridged.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Rowanas wrote:No it shouldn't. That wind has been refridgerated and then kept in airtight cylinders until it was released in a giant crash up north. Therefore, the wind is, indeed, fridged.
L-O-L
:lol:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.