can't save - [DelDir] bug

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
kuliksco
Pledge

can't save - [DelDir] bug

Post by kuliksco »

I played through the game the first time and would sometimes see the attached screenshot with the message:

The system encountered an error: [DelDir] Try to save your game again.

When this would happen the slot# folder would get deleted from my save game directory and I would have to manually copy over a backup and try again. Usually after failing a few more times and a minute later I finally got my game saved.

Now, I just started a new character and this is happening literally every time I save. Also, I end up having to recreate the save directory usually 4-5 times for it to work this time.

I am running the Steam version with Windows 7 64 bit. This bug is totally ruining this game and I think I'm going to put it on the shelf until it's fixed because of it.

I am not using UAC and have manually set the default Save path to have read/write for Everyone.

I searched the forums and see many people have this issue with Book 1 and 2 but there is no fix as of yet besides the temporary workaround.

Can someone please update on the status of this getting fixed? Thanks.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (113.34 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
dterror
Initiate

Re: can't save - [DelDir] bug

Post by dterror »

I had the same thing occur with my quicksave slot, however instead of recreating the entire directory by copying all the files into it, I just created a blank directory of the correct name. The next time I tried to save a game to the quicksave, it worked fine and hasn't happened again since then.

Just create a new directory of the correct name, leave it empty, and see if that works for you.
kuliksco
Pledge

Re: can't save - [DelDir] bug

Post by kuliksco »

i ended up uninstalling from steam and redownloading. i copied over my saved games and everything seems to be running ok for now. fingers crossed!