COMPREHENSIVE Book III 'Wishlist' (List form)

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: COMPREHENSIVE Book III 'Wishlist' (List form)

Post by Lord_P »

MyGameCompany wrote:
Kreador Freeaxe wrote:... but they provide 0 XP when killed and don't drop anything.
I dunno - I don't necessarily see anything wrong with summoning a wolf, killing it, and taking its pelt.
I see something wrong in creating LIVING matter from nothing and selling it to a vendor. Not only would it be mildly ridiculous, it would also become a money-making machine in the style of Create Food.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Jedi_Learner wrote:
SpottedShroom wrote:I think Summon Beast is a somewhat weak third tier spell as it stands.
What would you do to make it stronger?
I would say the summoned creatures could stand to be a step or two stronger. Say, drop Catacomb Rat and Crimson Dragonel from the low end and add something like Snow Wolf, Devilmander, Cursed Undead, Skeleton Archer, etc.

I'd probably need to play test a game where I focus on the spell to really get a feel for how it should be balanced. I just know it's more effective to sling Divine Hammers and Ice Lances than summon wolves.
SpottedShroom wrote:Sure, you can farm summoned creatures for food and/or money, but you can also do that with create food.
I think the Create Food spell also needs to be looked at.
Maybe. I think the food farming thing isn't really in the spirit of the game, but it's not game-breaking either. If people really want to go out of their way to grind, even if you don't need to, I don't have a problem with that.

If you were to "fix" the spell, though, I think there's an easy solution: have it create items with 0 gold value.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

SpottedShroom wrote:
Jedi_Learner wrote:I think the Create Food spell also needs to be looked at.
Maybe. I think the food farming thing isn't really in the spirit of the game, but it's not game-breaking either. If people really want to go out of their way to grind, even if you don't need to, I don't have a problem with that.

If you were to "fix" the spell, though, I think there's an easy solution: have it create items with 0 gold value.
It's like people don't even read the list at the head of this thread... :( :P

While "food farming" doesn't "break" the game, I definitely think that it breaks the spirit of the game. So I'd like to see both Create Food and Draw Water 'nerfed' as described in the list at the start of this thread, and in other postings by me over the last year or so.

As for the Summon Beast spell, I had never given it much thought, but I basically agree with JL's suggestions upthread - I'll probably add them to the Wishlist (when I ever get around to updating the list again, which may be about a month from now... :? ).
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote: It's like people don't even read the list at the head of this thread... :( :P
You'll excuse me if I don't remember things that were posted here more than a year ago.
While "food farming" doesn't "break" the game, I definitely think that it breaks the spirit of the game. So I'd like to see both Create Food and Draw Water 'nerfed' as described in the list at the start of this thread, and in other postings by me over the last year or so.

As for the Summon Beast spell, I had never given it much thought, but I basically agree with JL's suggestions upthread - I'll probably add them to the Wishlist (when I ever get around to updating the list again, which may be about a month from now... :? ).
Sure, but who cares? How would "fixing" either of these things make the game more fun for you? Making the spell better has the potential to make more builds effective, which makes the game more fun. Making it worse just seems pointless.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Locking this topic. We have our "master list of updates" set in stone at this point. No further begging or bribery (well, maybe a big bribe) will convince us to add any more features to Book III.

At the end of our summer crunch session, I will post our work log and everybody can see what made it in, and what didn't.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.