how is the addon comming?

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

Maybe he's talking about different platforms? So for some reason it wont work on linux or something ?
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

Book II is being build to handle additional quests properly, but it is looking more and more likely that our plans for additional Book I quests may be delayed indefinitely.
well then it doesn't matter anyway :|
Sandtiger
Initiate

Re: how is the addon comming?

Post by Sandtiger »

Sorry to hear about the addon, I was hoping to add a couple of thoughts;

Michael the priest could hold the key for Soloris in the bank, and ash island could find the house of Draco's bank key, full of merc muts similar to the ending destroyer play to prepair you for the final destroyer ending.

I finished it on a cautious lvl 18, used the fuel bomb and haste 4 (upon the first hit) standing between the flowers and survived using only one health potion, easier than I thought actually, twice the number of soldiers would have made things really difficult!!! I had a upped tower shield +3 and a upped 7 point +3/+3 diamond sword and sword gloves +2. Sword/Bow and armor stats were all @ 12 points. Stregnth, speed ect stats were all level 21's. I noticed their to hit prob. was 5%. My armor was magic enforced light armor all @ +3's. Total armor rating @45.

Really enjoyed the game, got completely lost the first time about 3/4 way thru I missed something somewhere out of sequence, and decided to start over....the next time I played all the job tasks and everything made sense, except the boat......had the time piece and ticking every min of the day's....go back toggle the 5 floor plate switch to see if that did anything (not) and ticking another day.....I wasted so much time on that dead end!!!! finally looked into the forum and behold boat don't function! lol on me.

Wonderful well thought out game!! I loved to explore the finding the small unique threads, another suggestion is the thief house in Blaskwater needs more storage for inventory surpluses, maybe a cabinet in the frount room, I used this as a base for a time period gaining exp points.

Another suggestion is for destroyer folks is to assign bank keys to the various merchants that you could get cash bonuses from. You get plenty of bonuses at the end game but by then it's over for have all the keys to finish the game already.

How about hidden quicksand spots in the desert areas that take health points as you struggle to get out! Perseption rating could spot them but could you imagine struggling to get out of quicksand while 3 acid worms come to dine on you, Struggle, swing, bite, panic Waaaaaaaaa! and getting drenched in acid if you kill them or ate up getting out if you make it...killer situation! My thought behind that is one you could kill one at a distance (omg) and the second is panic close kill (Omg!) so the third one is gonna bite you for sure. Of course you could level the activity for the player skill lvl at the time of the act to be more fair/fun to get bairly out of that mess! That would be a Wow moment!