Programing trap.

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Cuebramola
Initiate

Programing trap.

Post by Cuebramola »

I found a trap situation in Western Tanglewood x=63, y=1
from there if you step south you go into a pocket that you can not get out of short of quick travel (only if no enemies are near).
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Programing trap.

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

There are a couple spots BW may not have gotten fixed like that. Thanks for pointing it out, but more so that people can avoid it. It's unlikely that the Book I maps are going to get a refresh at this point. We loyal fans want all of his focus on making Book III, and making it fabulous.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
IJBall
Major
Major

Re: Programing trap.

Post by IJBall »

Cuebramola wrote:I found a trap situation in Western Tanglewood x=63, y=1
from there if you step south you go into a pocket that you can not get out of short of quick travel (only if no enemies are near).
OK, that seems to be a new one.

I'll add it to the Book I bugs list (under the Map Issues section).

P.S. It should be Western Tangletree! - it's something else BW needs to fix in Book I... :lol: :wink:

Edit: Are you sure about those grid coordinates? I just tried it, and the X=63,Y=1 grid is actually trees (i.e. unreachable) on the Western Tangletree map. The closest equivalent I can find is X=66,Y=4, and BW seems to have fixed that one so that you aren't trapped on the Baron's Thicket map...

OK, found it!
It's actually X=63,Y=195 on the Western Tangletree map - going due south into NE Crakamir from X=63,Y=195 does lead to a "Trapped in Trees" condition.

So I will now add this to the bugs list.