Fixes/Changes for Patch 1.01

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
katz
Pledge

Post by katz »

I'm not sure if it is the game's mistake, but I have a small problem in the primary quest line.

(! Spoiler Alert !)

In Vela searching for my brother, after a Taurus fight, I found a torture room which looked like what I was searching for. After entering I even got a log which told, I saw a man, who was still alive, but I saw no NPC anywhere in and around the chamber to interact with. :shock:

Just tell me if I am making something stupid, or is it possible that my brother disappeared somehow?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

This is a bit of a problem actually. I think what happened is that in your fight to get there, a goblin or other baddie killed him. The computer AI sees you approach and the baddies go into combat mode, and they want to kill any "good aligned" people they see, including your brother.

That was something I had not planned on, but it has happened to a couple people. I recommend going back to a saved game just before reaching that building. When you fight the enemies protecting the building, try to draw them away from the building.

I'm working on rearranging that map a bit to help prevent this from happening. My apologies.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Will there be an updated list like this one for patch 1.02?
gabika26
Pledge

bug

Post by gabika26 »

I have the same problem, a goblin killed my brother, but I have no back-up savegame.

I use patch 1.03 so THANKS FOR NOTHING
quasius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: bug

Post by quasius »

gabika26 wrote:I have the same problem, a goblin killed my brother, but I have no back-up savegame.

He already gave you the work around. But I agree it sucks. The main developer only answered your question on a support board. He should obviously fly out to your house and do it for you. What crappy service.
Also, anyone who plays through an RPG that is actively being patched without periodic backup saves is being a ::edited out to keep it family friendly::
Just leave Vela, delete the save files for Vela, redo the area and be on your merry way.
VPeric
Steward

Post by VPeric »

gabika26 wrote:I have the same problem, a goblin killed my brother, but I have no back-up savegame.

But did you buy the game? Because if you didn't, nothing is exactly what you should get. :)
gabika26
Pledge

Post by gabika26 »

VPeric wrote: Just leave Vela, delete the save files for Vela, redo the area and be on your merry way.
Thanks for the tip

VPeric wrote:

But did you buy the game?
I did, and you?