Patch 1.03

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Think I seen this somewhere else on forum but I'll add here again as it's still active.

New Char V1.03 Final patched.

Haste 3 potions in a stack are infinite when you use them - I tested and it was 2 or more. :D
Nuts)
Pledge

Heeeellloo From Ukraine(:

Post by Nuts) »

Does 1.3 include all 1.1,1.2 fixes?
p.s This game ROCKS!!!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Yes, the patches are complete. Just grab the latest update and you have fixes from every previous update,

Thanks Nuts)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Iane: Haste III bug fixed in next patch. Sorry- I must have overlooked your previous bug report.
Claw
Apprentice

Post by Claw »

I had an odd bug with 1.03 today - It was getting dark when I was surprised by some Hive Drones and cast Predator Sight.
I defeated the drone I saw but I was attacked again. It turned out there was a second drone next to me, which was unaffected by Predator Sight.

I don't know if the drone ever moved after I cast PS. Might be derivative of the "concealed in darkness" bug.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Hmm, that's a weird one, Claw. Not sure how that could have happened. Keep an eye on it, see if you can find a way to replicate it.
Claw
Apprentice

Post by Claw »

I found out what happened. The Drone was hidden behind a tree which I couldn't see in the darkness. It was visible when I lit it up with the cursor, because that penetrates the tree, unlike the PS effect.

Whether that's a bug or not is up to you, although I'll say it's very inconvenient.
chamr
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by chamr »

Darkness penalty bug is still around in 1.03, but this time with lanterns. When I switch off my lantern, the baddie still gets no penalty. I have to move to refresh the check. I'm guessing this is because you only forced a turn end with extinguishing a torch, not switching out the lantern. How about rather than forcing an end turn when snuffing the torch in order to force a penalty check, you just trigger the penalty check whenever the lighting is changed instead? Of course, I'm assuming there's a lighting graphics routine that gets called anytime a torch or lantern gets snuffed...
SuicideBunny
Initiate

Post by SuicideBunny »

small bug with 1.3: when you use mousewheel to scroll the available skills list in the character editor on lvl up, clicking on a skill shifts the list one postion in the opposite direction i scrolled.
edit: same happens with the spell list and rightclicking.

also, it would be nice to be able to turn off the music completely, including the char editor.
I have rules. I never eat children.
Forest
Initiate

Post by Forest »

SuicideBunny wrote:small bug with 1.3: when you use mousewheel to scroll the available skills list in the character editor on lvl up, clicking on a skill shifts the list one postion in the opposite direction i scrolled.

also, it would be nice to be able to turn off the music completely, including the char editor.
+1

And small bug with 1.3 too:
The message about too heavy weapon for casting spells doesn't appear sometimes.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Claw wrote:I found out what happened. The Drone was hidden behind a tree which I couldn't see in the darkness. It was visible when I lit it up with the cursor, because that penetrates the tree, unlike the PS effect.

Whether that's a bug or not is up to you, although I'll say it's very inconvenient.
I have also seen this with drone and a thug. I think that maybe a good limitation on the power of PS if monster could walk near you out of LOS but for the moment I also find it very inconvenient...
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
Pickpocket
Initiate

Post by Pickpocket »

Forest wrote:
SuicideBunny wrote:small bug with 1.3: when you use mousewheel to scroll the available skills list in the character editor on lvl up, clicking on a skill shifts the list one postion in the opposite direction i scrolled.

+1

And small bug with 1.3 too:
The message about too heavy weapon for casting spells doesn't appear sometimes.
It does not appear when there is no one around including NPCs and monsters.
punter x
Initiate

Post by punter x »

apologies if these has already been mentioned but:

[exploit] - if you kill a creature using flesh boil (dv), sunder flesh (dv), smite (dv), fire dart (el)or deep freeze (el) it is possible to the exp reward twice by casting again quickly after the killing blow (only seems to work if you are targeting near the creature's feet)

[minor bug] - if you get the bonus from the easter eggs after you've hit lvl21 it removes all your exp although you still keep your level/stats/skills. the only things that change are your title (layman) and your exp goes back to 0/1000. subsequent leveling only changes your title and exp needed
screeg
Marshall

Post by screeg »

Was the disappearing (from your spellbook) high level elemental spells bug fixed?
Cyclopean - an HP Lovecraft inspired Role-Playing Game
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

screeg: yes.