Current plans?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
solistus
Apprentice

Current plans?

Post by solistus »

In numerous posts, BW has revealed various specific changes planned in Book II. However, to my knowledge, there is nothing close to a comprehensive list of planned changes. Any chance we could get some sort of tentative change log as the development of Book II continues? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to look over some of the details and offer feedback.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Current plans?

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

solistus wrote:In numerous posts, BW has revealed various specific changes planned in Book II. However, to my knowledge, there is nothing close to a comprehensive list of planned changes. Any chance we could get some sort of tentative change log as the development of Book II continues? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to look over some of the details and offer feedback.
A worklog would be fun, but while we are putting the engine together, things can evolve/change rapidly. What we are planning to put in the game may not work once it gets in there. Great ideas don't always work as intended. It's much better to talk about the project when the engine has been tested a bit and is in a more finalized state.

As far as the storyline, anyone who followed Book I's development knows that we keep that very hush-hush during development. Personally, I feel like most game developers release too much information about their game- sometimes hundreds of screenshots and bits of the storyline- so that when you finally get to play it, it kinda feels old already. Movie producers often "overcook" movie trailers to the same effect: why see the whole movie when they just showed you all the good parts in a 2 minute trailer.

So that's it- we just don't have anything worth talking about at this point. I can reiterate what I said earlier and what is 100% finished already: the engine is running at 1024x768, it's been optimized to run faster and use less RAM. Our most current focus of development has been updating the game's framework to support the many new features that will be going in over the next 2-3 months.

We expect to officially announce the game in May with a couple screenshots, and at that point we'll have a lot more info on the game itself that we can talk about.
mkreku
Apprentice

Post by mkreku »

Good luck with the development! Feel free to keep us updated with the features you DO manage to get to work within the game :)