Book-I - magnificent!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
elstyr
Initiate

Book-I - magnificent!

Post by elstyr »

It was said already before, I know, I'm sorry, I can't resist..
Played the demo for about 40 min this early morning (never heard of the game before until I "accidentally" dropped over a very old and famous PSX emulation site today - Danke, Pete! oO). Then got stuck in the forums and 1 hour later I bought the full version (I still don't know where the demo ends, never came that far, it wasn't necessary :). Playing the game (incl. the demo) now since 15 hours non stop, it addicts definitely. Its like in the old days. Turn based, crispy pixel graphics, mind candy, but combined with astonishing sound and nice decent bits of modern visual effects. And the pixels you don't see - you'll see them just in your mind - that's the charm - the game is forcing your imagination.
One of the best, well.. _the_ best, I don't know any other :)! Big big thanks! Love it!
And a big hug to the creator of the sound track! I've restarted the demo several times just to hear the introducing song again (until I discovered the .ogg :). That track was one of the 2 reasons to let me buy the CD version.
Keep on, Basilisk dudes! & a huge greet to this community - was a fine reading here today, and thanks for marking spoilers as spoilers :).

Greets from Berlin, Elstyr (one of these "Pupa's".. we're all still kids ;)
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

Pete Bernert's take on Eschalon: Book I is here.
elstyr
Initiate

Post by elstyr »

@acoustibop: Exactly. That's what linked me to this place.

Best Regards,
Elstyr
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Thanks elstyr, and thanks to Pete's Fairy Tales for the blog post and kind words. This is still the most effective form of advertising for us: word of mouth.

If you like Eschalon and want to see even more, please let others know about us! Blog about us, post on other forums, or bug the editor of your favorite game site to contact us! Thank you!
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

That's what I guessed, Elstyr. ;)