Book II Announcement?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Al3xand3r
Apprentice

Re: Book II Announcement?

Post by Al3xand3r »

I like it. The higher resolution really brings out the finer details of your art. Did you mess with the character scaling compared to the buildings? They seem much more fitting now, with the structures appearing larger. I still wish you could add higher resolution options, where the tiles remain of the same size but more of the world is shown (perhaps with fog of war giving invisibility to far away enemies and objects like chests, to nulify high res advantages). But I can live without.

What worries me the most is the hunger and thirst gauges. That will take some heavy tweaking to get it right, useful without being annoying. I hope you plan on adding depth first mainly with a TON more (good) writing for the story, sidequests, different outcomes of your actions, etc, second with the better (and more challenging) use of combat skills, and third only have added mechanics like hunger simply as supporting material to the rest of the more important bits n pieces.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Thank you Basilisk for the wonderful game announcement. I'll be passing the word around to come and take a look see. I've already started a 'Book II' folder to collect screenshots and announcements, etc. I'll be looking at the ones I downloaded later today off line and drool over them. The one thing that hit me right off the bat was those trees. Really nice!

:D (we need a clapping smilie)

Ps. When the time comes, I'm ready to help Beta test again. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Dragonlady,

I'm surprised that the FEMALE character didn't jump out at you. :) I saw it and immediately thought you'd be happy.

The screenshots look fabulous. Now to set my patience meter to one year.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Will a list of alll 60 or so enhancements be added here somewhere?
Jinx
Apprentice

Post by Jinx »

I'm hoping that "2009" was a typo :D

Can't wait. Is there a mailing list we can hop on to be notified?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Oooh, you can pick up and carry powder kegs. Does this mean we can place them on the ground to then explode them from a safe distance?
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

I hope you can move a barrel in front of a door and blow it up to get it open, that would be great. Or maybe move it somewhere and draw enemies near it and then blow them up with an arrow.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Certainly we're going to have a Q&A thread here soon, but I want to try to keep it more organized than the Book 1 Q&A thread.

We've got a ways to go on development, so how about I start 2 threads: one thread will be where everyone can dump all their questions, and the other will be a locked thread where I will take one question per week (hand picked from the question thread) and answer it as well as I can.

One question per week sounds painfully slow, but honestly we are so early in development that I can't give solid answers to all your questions right now. If we do it this way I can pick out questions that I have definitive answers to at that time and we can just spread the Q&A portion out for the next 50 weeks or so! ;)

So, does this sound good or does someone else have a better suggestion?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Certainly we're going to have a Q&A thread here soon, but I want to try to keep it more organized than the Book 1 Q&A thread.

We've got a ways to go on development, so how about I start 2 threads: one thread will be where everyone can dump all their questions, and the other will be a locked thread where I will take one question per week (hand picked from the question thread) and answer it as well as I can.

One question per week sounds painfully slow, but honestly we are so early in development that I can't give solid answers to all your questions right now. If we do it this way I can pick out questions that I have definitive answers to at that time and we can just spread the Q&A portion out for the next 50 weeks or so! ;)

So, does this sound good or does someone else have a better suggestion?
I think that is a good idea. I was wondering how your managing answering all the questions, its got to be very time consuming for you. Maybe you could create a FAQ with all the planned enhancements for book II and post that which would answer a decent amount of them up front (Realizing of course you may not have that set in stone yet). Then also create your two threads.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Dragonlady,

I'm surprised that the FEMALE character didn't jump out at you. :) I saw it and immediately thought you'd be happy.

The screenshots look fabulous. Now to set my patience meter to one year.
:lol: Nope, the one with the trees was the one I saw first and since I had just been looking at the Dundjinni forums and we were talking about drawing trees, that caught my eye. The one with teh woman I saw third as I downloated each one. Did make me happy, very happy and I smiled at her name.

edit: forgot to ask...BEWARE what? (letters in blood. :) Lets see..beware the Ides of March(ing war), beware of things that go bump in the knight, beware the blood red goblins???? :lol:
Last edited by Dragonlady on June 10th, 2008, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Unbeliever
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Unbeliever »

Total and utter nit -- but if you find time to correct the spelling of "atheistic" (see third screenshot on book 2 page), it would be appreciated.

[Yeah, that's one of those pain-in-the-ass, "violates I-before-E rule" words...] :)

And yeah, my handle probably explains why I care. :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Unbeliever wrote:[Yeah, that's one of those pain-in-the-ass, "violates I-before-E rule" words...]
Oops, thanx for pointing it out. I'll fix it.
almondblight
Initiate

Post by almondblight »

Another tiny thing:

"Play as a male or femal character as you journey across multiple environs. Screenshot above is shown running on MacOS 10.4"

"femal[e]"

Anyway, I'm excited to see this announcement, it's great to have dedicated and talented independent RPG studios...keep up the good work!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Thanks almondblight.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Yes!!!!

There is light at the end of the tunnel!!
What it is not ready yet? :cry:
I guess I will have to wait!
(wait 1 minute.)
Is it ready yet?
Darn! I guess I have to wait longer :!: :wink:

Where do I place my pre-order?

What goodies will be on the CD edition or will you need a DVD for this one (Hope, hope)?
History is written by the winners!