An Archer Killed my Bro, BUG REPORT

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

An Archer Killed my Bro, BUG REPORT

Post by Dr. G »

Unbelievable but true, I was about to get to the place where my bro is captive, and while I was moving I read on the screen:

Globin Archer shoots Larsuk (not sure the name)
And so on, as when the Giants fight for you or when the Noximanders Fight the Raptors.
And then when I got inside he wasn't hanging at the cross anymore, instead there was a blood splashed all around.

There was the sign that appears when you enter the room, as it says: You enter a room bla bla... and there is a man in the .... appear to be still alive....

But there was no Bro... So I Could not finish the quest, therefore would not be able to finish the game...... I have a saved game from like an hour before and I am going to replay the whole thign, but I think that this bug should be considered, because if it is the first time you are playing the game, and this happens..... ooops, you will have no idea what to do.

Has it happened to anyone before?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: An Archer Killed my Bro, BUG REPORT

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I've had the Taurex kill the brother before (watching him splat is actually kind of cool). In any event, it can only happen if you have opened the gate to the jail room before all of the enemies are dead. I've never seen any of the NPCs throw a lever to open a gate, though they seem to have no trouble opening locked doors (even ones that are trapped, without setting off the trap).

I don't know if it's precisely a bug, but rather a sort of null ending to the game. You didn't reach your brother in time, so all is lost. Perhaps that should have been made clearer, though you could still stumble your way through Shadowmirk and get back on the quest track, even if you didn't know from your brother that it was the next step.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Actually, it is not a bug. It is something that can happen. The enemy would assume you come to rescue their captive. Of course the enemy will silence the captive rather than let you rescue him or get any information out of him before he dies.

If you use explosives like demon oil to close to your brother , there is a chance you could kill him! Luckily, while the information he has is important, it is not curcial. You can still find a way to complete the overall quest.
History is written by the winners!
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

Kreador/Realmzmaster:

Actually I did not open the gate, that is why I call it a Bug, and the message said it was an archer!!!!????.

I did not try to continue playing.... altough I could.... I have the game saved as it is in my Laptop, and could continue..., But I'll miss my exp reward....mmmhhhh

Regarding time issues, as you know it doesn't say anything about timing once you get the quest... and if the enemy wants to kill him before.... is there anything I can do to stop them, considering it i a turn based game, and they are a lot of them???, plu my poor bro is already weak????? :? :? :?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

That's interesting, Dr. G.

Were either of the gates to the cell opened already when you got there? Sometimes the archers can also shoot through windows, but that's very odd.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

Both gates were closed, I was figthing the Taurax, and you could only see a corner of the place, when I finished the Taurax and the went up, my bor was gone... :cry: and there was only a splash of blood... so I killed the archer and a goblin with a bomb :twisted: :twisted:

But did not try to continue....