Book II Questions Thread

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Book II Questions Thread

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Put all your questions for Book II in this thread. Please look through the questions in this thread first to make sure you are not repeating a question, and if you want to add something to an existing question, please quote the original question in your post.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Book II Questions Thead

Post by Saxon1974 »

Ok well I will get started then....

Do you have an estimated gameplay hours for this one? I think I heard it would be much larger than book I which I think was about 30 hours, so Im guessing it will be longer than that.

Is the walking speed being changed at all? (I didn't have a problem with it but I know alot of people wanted to be able to walk faster).

Thanks!
VPeric
Steward

Post by VPeric »

We all saw the thirst and hunger bars on the screenshots, could you elaborate on them? Features like these are usually tedious*, so how will you be implementing them?

(*I don't know about everyone else, but managing every single aspect of my party, including what types of clothes they need for cold weather in Realms of Arkania, got a bit too much for me)

(Oo, first! ;))
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Since there will be weather and climate effects, will the type of weather or climate have an effect on the character?
Example, I am in a desert. I should roast in full plate armor. Will I have to switch my armor to something more appropriate?
History is written by the winners!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

realmzmaster wrote:Since there will be weather and climate effects, will the type of weather or climate have an effect on the character?
Example, I am in a desert. I should roast in full plate armor. Will I have to switch my armor to something more appropriate?

I copied this from the announcement. It seems to me the answer to your question would be, yes.
New weather effects including snow, rain, and thunderstorms which can affect gameplay stats and skills.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
dteowner
Pledge

Re: Book II Questions Thread

Post by dteowner »

The lack of a time penalty for switching between ranged and melee weapons seemed a bit like an exploit. Will that change for Book 2?
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

In one of the screen shots it mentions in the text below that you pick up a powder keg.

Will you now be able to place objects on the floor instead of just containers? If you can place objects on the floor this would make it possible to place a powder keg and retreat to a safe distance so you can detonate the powder keg as your enemies approach it (watch them die as it explodes).

Also if you are hit with a powder keg in inventory, will it detonate?
Jude
Council Member

Post by Jude »

Will the Mac version still work on a Power Mac G4 running OS X 10.3.9?

Jude
Jude's Wondrous Universe
http://www.icubed.com/~judelk
Grue
Steward

Post by Grue »

dteowner wrote:The lack of a time penalty for switching between ranged and melee weapons seemed a bit like an exploit. Will that change for Book 2?
The way I read it, this snippet of info (below) from the Book II announcement seems to indicate it won't change. I agree with you, though. I think changing weapons, let alone entire armor sets, should not be instantaneous.
Eschalon: Book II site wrote:... "Equipment configuration" presets for convenient swapping of entire armor and weapons sets...
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

... "Equipment configuration" presets for convenient swapping of entire armor and weapons sets...
This I believe is more of a bow to playability rather than realism. Titan Quest allowed you to switch instanteously between two armor and weapon sets.

I do not believe you should be able to switch during combat. I can see the advantage if you are wearing plate armor and it starts to get hot. You simply click the equipment configuration switch button and change to a different armor set. Otherwise you would have to move each piece of the new set to the paper doll from inventory. During combat the switch button should be disabled. You will simply have to get the other weapon or armor the old fashion way.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Since there will be weather effects that affect equipment skills and stats, will the weather also affect the actual equipment? Will the wind help or hinder the flight of my arrow?

Will the cold make my armor and weapons more brittle, therefore easier to break?

If I am in a forest and use demon oil will the wind help fan the flames?
Will the fire burn longer and cover more ground because of all the combustible material?

The possibilities!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Not to jump ahead in questioning, but I can shed a bit of light on dteowner and Grue's questions and comments.

This was a bit of an exploit in Book I, as dteowner said. For Book II, the planned fix is that every time you place something on your character, 1 round will pass. So yes, swapping weapons would take one round.

The equipment presets that are mentioned will take one round per item swapped, so if Set #1 and Set #2 differ by 4 pieces of equipment, it will take 4 rounds to swap. If you are alone, the swap happens instantly (though 4 rounds would still pass) but if there are others nearby, the rounds would pass more traditionally because the system would run everyone else's rounds too.

As you can guess, it would be foolish to swap sets in combat if there are many item changes. However, if the difference between set #1 and set #2 is just your weapon, then it is handled just like a one-round weapon swap.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Grue
Steward

Post by Grue »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:The equipment presets that are mentioned will take one round per item swapped
Oooh, excellent! Glad to have been wrong in my guess above. :)
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

I think my ADD is going to struggle with the 1 question per week :(
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

One question about translation: will B2 be available in other languages ? or will you offer fans the possibility to translate ?
This also leads to the question of moding B2 btw.
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.