Wish List for Book II {Compiled}

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Maelstrom
Steward

Re: Wish List for Book II {Compiled}

Post by Maelstrom »

One wish I think has been overlooked is a release date of yesterday! :wink:
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
slamelov
Initiate

Post by slamelov »

- Multiplayer cooperative, like Baldur's Gate series.
- Actions and consequences.
Stalfos
Apprentice

Post by Stalfos »

I thought that maybe some replayability, in term of playing the SAME character would be nice... I dunno about it, but would a "reset monster/chest" kind of a feature be nice?

That would provide the player with constant possibility of upgrading his character and its equipement...
Just a little idea I had today at work! lol :D
Hyrkali
Freelance Web Developer @ NickoLabs
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

walter61939
said
How about being able to reserve items from merchants by making a down payment ? I saved for what seemed like forever to buy some expensive stuff (e.g., assassin's ring) only to have it disappear from the merchant's inventory when I finally had the purchase price.
I like the idea, but any layaway must have a time limit. If you do not come back for the item after a number of days your deposit is forfeit. The item goes back into inventory and can still disappear because of inventory turnover. The price of the item could also rise if you come back to for it, because the merchant is wary of you or due to inflation.
History is written by the winners!
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

I read all the ideas already here, and was not able to find this one, altough it is in many posts.

MORE BADDIES!!!!!! Lots of them, not only numbers but new species, new kinds of baddies.
Big bosses that appear on important places (such as you have right now, but more of those).
Spell casting baddies (not only the ones on shadowmirk, that were a joke for my warrior BTW).
Baddies qith different kinds of skills, and that have drops related to them.

But please don't put demons on the game (They simply don't go with this kind of story)
Dr. G
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dr. G »

Well then, maybe a Big Boss One, that could have some sort of control over the goblins, but do not fill up the game with demons... else would have to briong up angels to make things even
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Unstickied.

We have enough "wish requests" to fill the next 10-12 months with 16 hour workdays. :shock:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Unstickied.

We have enough "wish requests" to fill the next 10-12 months with 16 hour workdays. :shock:
You're only working sixteen hours a day? Many of us won't be sleeping, why should you? :wink:
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Unclever title
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by Unclever title »

Torches combined with Hide in Shadow are pretty overpowered in Book I. Did an enemy spot you hiding in shadow? No need to move to a better spot, simply light a torch and blow it out again. This is a bit ridiculous, I guess theoretically you can consider this like using a flash bomb or something, but it's a stretch at the least.

No problem with being able to put out torches quickly, keep that, but lighting a torch should probably take up a turn, or mana with a minor torch lighting spell (which could be dirt cheap for convenience). This way you can't light a torch, strike an enemy, and then douse it before your enemy strikes all in the same turn. That makes the game far too easy, even with 1 skill point in hide in shadows you can take down the greatest of enemies this way.

Also flash bombs would be sweet!
Mongolian
Marshall

Post by Mongolian »

Realise this is too late to comment, but here are the big ones:

- Eliminate initial dice rolling with characters, instead characters choose "hard", "medium" or "easy" and get 50/75/100 points to pumps stats into. (No stat can start over X amount)
- No saving can occur once enemy is near.
- No treasure chest rerolling
- More puzzles (not riddles please)
- More type of monsters. More specifically, different ways I should try to fight a monsters, vs just always using the same weapon/spell.
- More quests
- More game options/ability to due stuff in game
- Integration of using allies or NPC (like a pet maybe?)
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

I wish I would have posted this sooner but something I would REALLY like to see is that in Book II you could play Book I IN THE Book II Engine. Something like the Baldurs Gate Tutu mod. It would be neat to say play Book I, finish it, then import your character into Book II and then continue playing. Basically you play one big epic game, playing all Books.

Provided this would NOT require massive development time. If so, then save this suggestion for Book III.
Higher Game
Initiate

Post by Higher Game »

I know this is really late, but I think it would be cool getting resistances and altered stats from consuming the flesh of certain monsters, like in roguelikes.
Higher Game
Initiate

Post by Higher Game »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:You're only working sixteen hours a day? Many of us won't be sleeping, why should you? :wink:
He meant fulfilling all those requests would take that much time.
Mongolian
Marshall

Post by Mongolian »

So supposively II is adding more character values, which is a good and bad thing. I really like more options/specializations being involved. I don't like, on the otherhand, that too many values will make my brain explode knowing that I can't make a perfect-like character. Already I seem confused as to why I should dex over speed for better AC.
I never quite figured out if this was the case in Book 1 or not, but what if your speed score determined which enemies you can outrun?
This is another great Q. Cause if speed truly makes you run faster, which I doubt it does, it would really make the game nifty. wink wink*, II.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

I'm sorry that it looks like I'm a little too late here, but I must add these:

+ That tiny little circle indicating your location on the map is so difficult to see.... How about providing a more noticeable icon?
+ For us left-handed users... how about allowing the use of the right-hand shift for bashing, not just the left? The right-hand shift currently doesn't do anything, after all.
+ Being able to ready a spell without establishing it into slot#1
+ Perhaps chests should be larger? If we have specialized stashes, especially in special guilds which is a nice idea, then we should be given extra large chests, if not bottomless chests. (What's the point, after all, in having a contain limit?)
+ The text area should have a scrollbar so we can scroll back to see something we've missed.
+ What's the point in acquiring extra points in lockpicking if it's only going to lower the XP you get from picking locks? XP should be constant for picked locks.
+ On having more quicktravel areas: Ideally: Each region (screen) should have a quicktravel location that you can travel from if you want to get someplace. This could be used to greater effect were there more rural areas (and people who live there) that deserved revisiting.

Also, on puzzles: More would be nice, I agree; and more challenging ones at that . . . although not the random, mindless ones like the levers in the Whistling Cave... those kinds of puzzles drive me crazy. (The subsequent chest, by contrast, was too easy. My very first guess should not be the answer, in my opinion.)
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.