Beta Testing

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
confused1
Apprentice

Re: Beta Testing

Post by confused1 »

I don't mind paying like I did with M&B. Only problem I see is limiting it to 50 testers. I'm not sure how many players are active on the forum. (I myself have been gone roughly 2-3 months) But I'd think the testers should be at least 100 if we pay. And more if it's free beta. I'll gladly pay for to play the beta, but since the place I worked at closed for the season. I'm running out of cash lol.
If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the hearts of men.
Yeliu
Apprentice

Post by Yeliu »

I wouldn't mind paying for the beta, but I think many might. Would the beta testers receive free copies of Book II once it is released assuming they paid for the beta? Or would it be an additional payment? Either way, I would be glad to pay. Basilisk Games definitely deserves it. :D
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Yeliu wrote:Would the beta testers receive free copies of Book II once it is released assuming they paid for the beta?
Of course! Since you've already purchased your copy you'll automatically have access to all the future versions of Book II that are released.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Well I wouldn't have an issue paying for the beta since I know the game is gonna rock and it'd be cool to have a part in that. :mrgreen: How about a free upgrade to some Special Edition? Or maybe those who successfully complete the Book II beta phase get a free spot in Book III beta?? 8)

Most of the games I've beta'd have been MMO's (Ultima Online, Lineage II, City of Heroes, WoW, LotR, et al); so I'm used to filling out a bug report every 20 minutes or so... and then paying 10-15 bucks a month to continue "beta testing" after the "release." :shock: The last "regular" game I beta tested was Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends... would have been more bearable if I actually enjoyed the game. :roll: The thing I like about playing "old school" RPGs is the ability to keep putting them down and picking them back up again night after night... just like a good book. Of course if I didn't try to search every nook and cranny, there wouldn't be so much "night after night"... whatever the expected play time is you can pretty much triple for me. :P

/end smiley filled post