A more interactive world for Book II.

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Thief
Initiate

Re: A more interactive world for Book II.

Post by Thief »

Regarding housing in Morrowind, the player had several options, and they were vastly superior to what was available in Oblivion. You had to satisfy certain quest/fame requirements if I recall, you'll have to forgive me as it's been a while since I played the game. Once these requirements were met you could actually have these houses constructed. One was a human-type dwelling on a ridge outside of the starting town. Another was a dark elf mage tower which was grown for you. They took a while to construct, but you received notification when they were finished. They came equipped with their own staff and shops, at least the dark elf mage tower did. I remember the annoying part about having houses was it was impossible to put books in shelves neatly. I really wanted to have all my books organized nice and neat. It just wouldn't let you... sob sob...

Great game though, way better than Oblivious.

Also, of course you could occupy the houses of your victims... if you were playing that kind of character. I had several homes in the various cities which I used for storage and a place to crash.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Heh, Oblivious was the name I was planning on giving a Final Fantasy-type spoof that I had ambitiously envisioned.... it would have been glorious indeed... *sigh*
Gesion
Initiate

Post by Gesion »

Evnissyen wrote:Hmm.... What would be the point, though? In terms of improving gameplay or game experience, I mean?

Interactivity with people, of course... but... chairs? I don't know. I've seen games, of course, that let you sit in chairs or sleep in beds . . . it doesn't seem to add anything to the game experience.
How about picking up a chair and throwing it at someone during combat. It is always fun when you can use your enviroment as a weapon.
The Noid
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by The Noid »

Gesion wrote:How about picking up a chair and throwing it
You want to roleplay as Steven Ballmer?? :lol:
Gesion
Initiate

Post by Gesion »

The Noid wrote:
Gesion wrote:How about picking up a chair and throwing it
You want to roleplay as Steven Ballmer?? :lol:

:lol: I have to admit, I had to google this guy with "Steven Ballmer throwing Chair", and the results are very funny. :lol:
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

As I flipped back and forth between Albion, Fallout, and Eschalon, I kept noticing something "missing" in Book I. It took me a little bit to realize what it was, but then it hit me: the "look" or "examine" feature. In Albion and Fallout, and a lot of other rpgs, you can examine just about anything. You may not always get much of a useful answer (i.e. "you don't see anything of importance here," or "the dragon looks particularly annoyed at your presence"), but it helps add to the atmosphere. I suppose it's a throwback from the old days of text adventure gaming, where you had to type "look" or "look at dragon" to get a description of a room or item. Eschalon has descriptions of items, but only the ones you can actually interact with. I realize it's mostly useless from a gaming standpoint, but it'd still be a nice touch. Plus you could have some fun with it... (You see a portrait of your Mom... damn, she's ugly!) :mrgreen: