Quest Bug (Contains LOTS of spooilers)

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Anok
Pledge

Quest Bug (Contains LOTS of spooilers)

Post by Anok »

I've started playing the game and because I couldn't do the active quest (didn't know how to play, combat etc) I went out using my carto points to map certain areas. I came to Blackwater (?), took me ages to find the Quick portal stone, and then found the dead body and the quest note.

At this stage I was still doing prior quests relating to the amulet and the main story (?) and discovered that the amulet I had, was a key to open a bank vault.

However my problem now is that the amulet is not identifiable to Litith as its seems to be replaced with the key. That is after killing the 'boss' in the theif's den.

Is there a way to get passed this problem and continue the game... or do I need to restart :( ?
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Re: Quest Bug (Contains LOTS of spooilers)

Post by dare49devil »

Anok wrote:I've started playing the game and because I couldn't do the active quest (didn't know how to play, combat etc) I went out using my carto points to map certain areas. I came to Blackwater (?), took me ages to find the Quick portal stone, and then found the dead body and the quest note.

At this stage I was still doing prior quests relating to the amulet and the main story (?) and discovered that the amulet I had, was a key to open a bank vault.

However my problem now is that the amulet is not identifiable to Litith as its seems to be replaced with the key. That is after killing the 'boss' in the theif's den.

Is there a way to get passed this problem and continue the game... or do I need to restart :( ?
-Oh jeez, you've had such an unfortunate turn of events! Blackwater before Aridell? =O

-Technically you can just skip over that quest. I mean, you have the 'key.' If you figure out how/where to use it, then the next quest will be added to your journal when you use that key for that chest/door/whatever it is for.

-Or just start over since you know the game a little. =P
Anok
Pledge

Re: Quest Bug (Contains LOTS of spooilers)

Post by Anok »

I got to Aridell okay and did a few quests there, but because I didn't know how to fight very well, I decided to run around and find cool locations.

I know that the lady that does Alchemy in Aridell wanted a speical book, and in my exploration found that item and gave it to her (hope I don't need it) and had to do some quest to get the sexlet (spelling) amulet thing for the Cartopher (spelling) guy in the pub.

I found Blackwater, and found the dead body and did that quest. Which brooked the main quest with Litith.

In terms of the identification of the amulet, the Goblin in the vault place identified it for me and I got the note about the brothers quest.

But I did as your last point said and simply deleted the save games and started again. :( Level 8 and a wicked carto dude and I have to restart. If I didn't like the startup of the game so much, I swear I wouldn't bother with the game lol.