Game Reset Bug

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Rastice
Pledge

Game Reset Bug

Post by Rastice »

Help. I was on my way to the Goblin Citadel when I opted to return to town to sell my excess loot and stock up on arrows. Imagine my surprise when every map I visited was no longer fully colored in and every monster that I had already killed had come back to life. And, when I made it to Blackwater I found the town locked up tight and speaking to the guards they said I may pass but the gate was shut. Opening the gate made the guards attack me. Every save game I reverted to had the same problem. Even the first town was no longer colored in. Please help; how do I rememdy this problem? Thanks.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Game Reset Bug

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I've never heard of this happening.

Have you modified your character using an editor? If certain variables are changed in your character's data file, it could have reset some parts of the game. Those guards "remember" you from a variable in that character file, so altering it can mess up the game. Also erasing or modifying the .map files can reset or change the game.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Rastice
Pledge

Re: Game Reset Bug

Post by Rastice »

Hi. No I have used no editors at all. What I noticed that I did wrong was run two instances of the game. Was playing one and work called me away and came back to play and started the game again. Now the whole world is reset. I went in and beat the game so it's okay not but seemed very odd. Thanks