Eschalon Teaser "World Premiere"

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Thank you, everyone! I'm on the road so my connection is a bit sketchy, but I've got the front page updated finally.
Gallifrey wrote:It's all cut a bit fast though, watching that movie makes me think the game is much faster-paced then the demo suggested.
Yes, I wanted to keep the file size small so I limited myself to just a few glimpses of game play. The game really does play out more slowly than the teaser makes it appear. For example, at anytime during battle you can stop and examine your spells, judge your enemy's health, rummage through your inventory looking for that Potion of Leatherskin, study the layout of the battlefield, etc. This teaser is really just about getting some eye-candy out there to try to convince people to download the demo and give it a spin.
GianMarco
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GianMarco »

Mad!
Hah well the hype is definatly alive for me again. I like the look of that square grid in one of the last screens.
"If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him." - Helios
Gwendo
Apprentice

Post by Gwendo »

I've been following you (since Blitz days), and I must say you've surpassed my expectations about the game's visuals (having no doubts about the gameplay). Congratulations and... Godspeed!

(PS: Apreciated that certain elements of the scenery can be broken, as shown in the teaser trailer ;))
Riverstone
Initiate

Post by Riverstone »

WOW!

My goodness.. this is way beyond my expectations! I have been dabbling with Geneforge and Avernum for a bit of late, and was half expecting Book One to be similar in technical prowess to them, but man those visuals are cracking! The snazzy UI animations are like Baldur's Gate meets Mac OSX!

The lighting and spell effects are first class! I'm telling you, I don't know about everyone's opinion, and I know it's unlikely this late in the piece, but I feel that if the play area was expanded (see my post here http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... c&start=15 then you pretty much have a full price major league entertainment application or your hands! Perhaps this baby will do so well that that you can employ a few developers to remodel it for highend machines in the meantime while you work on Book Two. =)

So excited it hurts!

Oh I need to add.. I just LUURVE the way you reference old school pixel tiles with the the likes of the water, while at the same time embelishing them with modern day fluid animation.

Ah one more thing, the link on gamebanshee let me view the video in some kind of tiny viewer box.. what's up with that? Thanks to those who posted the direct link above in this post!
Siglature! Blessed Sartan!
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

WOW it looks super sweet :D Nice work..
Can't wait to play it!!! :D

edit: maybe you should have put the direct link on the frontpage instead of just gamebanshee :/
tonelab
Pledge

Post by tonelab »

OMG!!!
The trailer is amazing! Excellent Work!
Ledorax
Initiate

Post by Ledorax »

Very slick, those visual effects look awesome.
salend
Apprentice

Very nice

Post by salend »

I have not posted in a while though I check back every week. Very nice job guys - I am looking forward to the release.

DanS
Leej
Apprentice

Post by Leej »

Very very nice looking! Really impressed with the level of polish in the game.
miro7
Pledge

Post by miro7 »

Absolutely Fantastic. This was exactly what I was waiting for...
Vennor
Apprentice

Post by Vennor »

Eschalon trailer @ Gametralers.com

Some people think that great graphics is only important thing in the game... Just check the comments.
focus
Apprentice

Post by focus »

Vennor wrote:Eschalon trailer @ Gametralers.com

Some people think that great graphics is only important thing in the game... Just check the comments.
I like the first post saying that it wil have similar gameplay to Sacred.

While I liked Sacred it had very shallow gameplay, whilst Eschalon Book I looks like it will have much deeper gameplay.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Heh, I knew it'd be leaked eventually. :roll:

The reason I wanted GameBanshee to host it (and not just dump it on Gametrailers in the first place) is because it's important that my target audience sees it. Gametrailers.com has a console-heavy audience and the response there is predicable.

Overall I am very happy that most people have enjoyed the trailer. Even the hard-to-please Codex crowd seemed to enjoy it for the most part. :)
screeg
Marshall

Post by screeg »

I love it. Well, that's been said I guess.

There's something about some games that draws me to play them over and over and I call it 'character'. Diablo had it, as well as BG, Fallout, Temple of Elemental Evil and a few indy titles, too. It seems to be getting more and more rare, but I think Eschalon has it too.

Your sense of style and composition in the interface translates perfectly over to what I've seen in the trailer.

Let me know when to book a few days off to play it end to end!
Cyclopean - an HP Lovecraft inspired Role-Playing Game
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I wouldn't worry too much about game trailers I think most of those comments are from the twitch heavy kids of this generation which this is not really geared towards. With rogcodex I feel basically the saem way on the opposite end, I think they generally like to complain just to complain.