Back to Beta

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Back to Beta

Post by Rune_74 »

Unbeliever wrote:I keep shaking my head at this topic. I just can't imagine WANTING to beta-test.

What I want is the final, polished game, to enjoy at my leisure. *NOT* to hammer through, looking for bugs/issues, trying the same thing ten different ways to see what works or not.

Talk about spoiling the final product!

Of course, beta-testers are invaluable, so... test away!

I'll be over here, wallet in hand, patiently waiting for the final rock-solid release... ;)

[Thanks, BW -- SERIOUSLY looking forward to this!]
Heh as one of the beta testers on Book 1, I got the joy of seeing my name in the credits:) Thanks, Bask. As for the skills not being all balanced 100%, good luck. There are just too many skill sets/ways of playing to get that perfect, not to mention if you do get it perfect for one person it won't be perfect for another.

I'm definately looking forward to testing book 2.
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

-Man, you guys are old. And I'm saying that not offensively but with a resigned sigh. :D
arlinora
Initiate

Post by arlinora »

Where will the beta information be posted? On the main Eschalon II page or here in the forums or where?
"It's like a Zen koan - if you say something stupid, and no one is there to hear it, are you still an idiot?"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade, www.penny-arcade.com
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

arlinora wrote:Where will the beta information be posted? On the main Eschalon II page or here in the forums or where?
Most likely it will be an announcement here in the forums, and BW will probably also announce it through his Twitter and FB feeds. That's my guess.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

This coming week is the time for school break, February 15-19, The next school break is March 29-April 6. You might want to consider this in beta testing. Hint, hint.
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

mytgroo wrote:This coming week is the time for school break, February 15-19, The next school break is March 29-April 6. You might want to consider this in beta testing. Hint, hint.
What country do you live in?

I'm in Argentina, and I've been on holidays since last December. On March I'll have to start again :? .
For me, a February beta test would be ideal. 8)
mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

Poke, poke. Here goes Spiderwebsoftware releases their windows Avernum 6 at the beginning of March. Might want to get that beta going soon. I am in the United States. The competition is heating up. Also, Din's Curse is in beta...
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

I just noticed the list of beta testers for Book I and only saw one female name. I hope you will let me test Book II as I am female and want other women like me to enjoy the game as much as the guys do. I hope my perspective would be appreciated. I absolutely loved Book I and keep playing it in all the different ways possible until Book II comes out. Can't wait!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Buckets wrote:I just noticed the list of beta testers for Book I and only saw one female name. I hope you will let me test Book II as I am female and want other women like me to enjoy the game as much as the guys do. I hope my perspective would be appreciated. I absolutely loved Book I and keep playing it in all the different ways possible until Book II comes out. Can't wait!
When BW announces beta testing you can try out for it. It was fun and hard work at the same time when I beta tested Book I. BW picks and choses from those filling out his questionaire.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!