Eschalon Teaser "World Premiere"

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Prismatic Maelstrom

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

Hard to please Codex crowd? :lol:
mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

I liked it, but it didn't really give me a chance to look at the individual screens for characters. Also lots of fighting.

You might want to do a second one which is a bit slower for noncombat elements. There were no crafting screens, lockpicking screens, or map views. Might want to show some noncombat features in the next run. In fact, you might want to expand your noncombat screens in the screenshots section. The music was nice as well. I liked the running. It is good to see a combat game where you don't just stand there and die.

I still think this would be good to leak to youtube at the right time. You might wait a bit though. I just checked it is already leaked on Youtube. Darn everything gets leaked to Youtube eventually. :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... rch=Search

I still can't play it at Gamebanshee using divx, so the leak was a good thing from my perspective.
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

It's all about getting people to give the game a chance before discrediting it simply because we didn't use the Crysis graphic engine. For a "teaser", combat was the best thing to show because many other gameplay elements don't make for a very exciting video.

We won't waste anymore time playing around with video clips before the game is finished, but afterwards we'll put together a 3-4 minute gameplay movie to put on YouTube to give people a better sense of the game and hopefully convince them to download the demo.
mytgroo
Steward

Post by mytgroo »

I don't think most of the people who play the game even know what kind of engine it uses. In fact, the next game I am really looking forward to is Kult Heretic Kingdoms: Reluctant Hero, it uses Ogre3D an open source system. I also thought that most of the independents used something called Torque 3D. That is programmers talking to programmers. Most people who play these games are not programmers and have no idea what Crysis is and probably are more interested in who wrote the game and what artists you used to do the art work. By the way what artists did you use? It might be interesting to see some of their concept art, there is none on the site. Not screenshots, but original drawings, or paintings, the rough concepts.

Hint, hint, the other game which should be coming out about the same time as you which is independent, Age of Decadence, has shown a lot of concept art at RPGCodex, it might be nice to see a few concept art pics posted at RPGWatch.
Last edited by mytgroo on July 30th, 2007, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am Myt where's the cheese dip.
Gesion
Initiate

Post by Gesion »

Having become aware of the game recently, the wait does not seem so long for me, but the excitment is growing.

I had a little trouble viewing the demo when it was showing underground battle, but that is because of the computers at work, (not the best computers, but work is where I have a high speed connection.)

However, the trailer is what brought me over to this site in the first place.

Thanks for the bait and hook, you set it nicely.
gragnak
Senior Steward

Post by gragnak »

All these changes in a short time....
Do you smell the trail of a demo coming really soon too? :)
furor vincit omnia
txa1265
Apprentice

Post by txa1265 »

Finally got to watch this - I didn't have any issues, I thought it looked fine. Can't wait to get to buy it for real :)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Check our front page (news) for additional links for those of you who have had trouble seeing the original trailer on GameBanshee.
txa1265
Apprentice

Post by txa1265 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Check our front page (news) for additional links for those of you who have had trouble seeing the original trailer on GameBanshee.
I caught it in the RSS feed - amazing how much I have come to depend on Google Reader :)

I kept forgetting to download it at home and at work GameBanshee, GameTrailers, and YouTube are blocked.
moldar
Apprentice

Post by moldar »

/me plunks down a wad of cash for the game after seeing the trailer!
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

mytgroo wrote:I don't think most of the people who play the game even know what kind of engine it uses.
IM(A)O if you need to know/state/critique the engine being used then you already lost the fox. It should be about the game (gameplay, the whole experience) not whether the engine is 2D, 3D, Isometric, or whether the graphics have HDR or 7.6 trillion colours, or whether the audio is 7.1.