Din's Curse

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Din's Curse

Post by Iane »

Dragonlady wrote:I was surfing Softpedia and saw they had Din's Curse beta version to be downloaded. I double checked the company site but no download from there that I could find unless you preordered as said above. Not sure if this was legal or not. But, downloaded it anyway a few minutes ago to check it over.

This was Mac version. Don't know if they have PC version since I forgot to look (on Softpedia)
Anyway, here's the address for the download Mac version: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Games/Din-s-Curse.shtml
That is the V.901 patch for the beta the full game is around 147mb
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Iane wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:I was surfing Softpedia and saw they had Din's Curse beta version to be downloaded. I double checked the company site but no download from there that I could find unless you preordered as said above. Not sure if this was legal or not. But, downloaded it anyway a few minutes ago to check it over.

This was Mac version. Don't know if they have PC version since I forgot to look (on Softpedia)
Anyway, here's the address for the download Mac version: http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Games/Din-s-Curse.shtml
That is the V.901 patch for the beta the full game is around 147mb
Yeah, just discovered that when I unloaded it a few minutes ago. It didn't say that on the site I got it from. :( ah well.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

hehe it does actually

License / Price: Updater / FREE
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Some Din's videos have been posted to YouTube.

This one is pretty good in showing the beginning of a game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwTeeyew2rs

This one shows a multiplayer game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcY0JpCv39g

It's kind of what I figured - it looks like a cross between Depths of Peril and Kivi's Underworld. So I like the look of the game. But as I had trouble figuring out DoP's gameplay, I find Din to look a little daunting... :?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Okay, I need help. I did get the mac version of beta....and trying to set up a character and move around. Tried cleric and had spell??skill?? to heal minor wounds. How the heck do you do that? Move it to the bottom of the screen and touch it when you need it? It's going to take me quite a few characters to learn to do the first level at the speed I'm trying to play and learn. grumble. I feel so stupid..maybe it's my age or very poor manual instructions.?? :cry:
getter77
Senior Steward

Post by getter77 »

You can either drag the skill icon from the skill/spell screen to the boxes along the bottom to hotkey it to 1-9, or drag it into the boxes on the right and bind it to right-click once it is highlighted/lights up in the bottom most box (you can put 3 skills there to rotate through)

At least that's how it works for us in Windows beta land.
http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=395.0 What I'm trying to accomplish in life.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

getter77 wrote:You can either drag the skill icon from the skill/spell screen to the boxes along the bottom to hotkey it to 1-9, or drag it into the boxes on the right and bind it to right-click once it is highlighted/lights up in the bottom most box (you can put 3 skills there to rotate through)

Thanks. Another question..how do you use a key? I found a skeleton key and didn't know if you have to click on it and then a door/chest. Does it disappear after one use?

I'm going to have to restart with a new character again as I'm learning stuff. I got quests at the start that were on 2-5 levels of the dungeon and before I had completly gone thru level 1 all the quests were 'done' by other people or person whom a message was going to be delivered to, died. Should you not take quests that are to 'tough' for you? Or do those 'fail' even if you don't take them? I'm trying to play a cleric. Maybe I should just play and hack and slasher? Any hints or help would be appreciated. Not playing a turn-based game is hard for me. :(

edit: heh, finally figured out how to use a bottle of burning oil. Was trying to open a stuck door. I forgot to hold down one of the keys 'ctrl'? to stay in place. Ended up getting burnt. Sigh.
getter77
Senior Steward

Post by getter77 »

Dragonlady wrote:
getter77 wrote:You can either drag the skill icon from the skill/spell screen to the boxes along the bottom to hotkey it to 1-9, or drag it into the boxes on the right and bind it to right-click once it is highlighted/lights up in the bottom most box (you can put 3 skills there to rotate through)

Thanks. Another question..how do you use a key? I found a skeleton key and didn't know if you have to click on it and then a door/chest. Does it disappear after one use?

I'm going to have to restart with a new character again as I'm learning stuff. I got quests at the start that were on 2-5 levels of the dungeon and before I had completly gone thru level 1 all the quests were 'done' by other people or person whom a message was going to be delivered to, died. Should you not take quests that are to 'tough' for you? Or do those 'fail' even if you don't take them? I'm trying to play a cleric. Maybe I should just play and hack and slasher? Any hints or help would be appreciated. Not playing a turn-based game is hard for me. :(

edit: heh, finally figured out how to use a bottle of burning oil. Was trying to open a stuck door. I forgot to hold down one of the keys 'ctrl'? to stay in place. Ended up getting burnt. Sigh.
Keys get auto-used one at a time if you have them when you click on locked doors and chests. For ctrl key situations, there's an option in the options menu to make that state of being a toggle instead of having to hold it down so often. I'd say the overall questing feel is still in flux, but in general it can go either way on taking quests at deeper dungeon levels. Depending on how severe a quest sounds, it might be worthwhile to dive to say level 2 asap in lieu of fully exploring level 1. Other times, you may simply have other things to deal with. Failing some quests can often lead to new quests down the line that you might not run into otherwise, so it just depends on how things shake out. Myself and others have suggested some various overhauls to questing as well as pretty much every other aspect of the game so time'll tell with each meaty patch log.
http://www.roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=395.0 What I'm trying to accomplish in life.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

getter77 wrote:
Keys get auto-used one at a time if you have them when you click on locked doors and chests. For ctrl key situations, there's an option in the options menu to make that state of being a toggle instead of having to hold it down so often. I'd say the overall questing feel is still in flux, but in general it can go either way on taking quests at deeper dungeon levels. Depending on how severe a quest sounds, it might be worthwhile to dive to say level 2 asap in lieu of fully exploring level 1. Other times, you may simply have other things to deal with. Failing some quests can often lead to new quests down the line that you might not run into otherwise, so it just depends on how things shake out. Myself and others have suggested some various overhauls to questing as well as pretty much every other aspect of the game so time'll tell with each meaty patch log.
Thank you for the help. I'm now signed on in their forums - as Amberjoy. :) I'll ask any furthur questions there. I'm using pause a LOT! :lol: