Registration Numbers

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Registration Numbers

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Already starting to get a few emails saying Registration Numbers don't work. If you get a "Code not accepted" error then you have entered the code wrong.

Remember:

We use both "i" (the letter) and "1" (the number).
We use both "O" (the letter) and "0" (the number).

Try viewing the email in a different font if you are having trouble seeing the difference. Try the code a few different ways before emailing us to demand a new number. :wink:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Palikka
Initiate

Re: Registration Numbers

Post by Palikka »

I also noticed that in the code field font there's no size difference between small and capital letters yet the reg code is case sensitive.
-.-
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Because the previous message said the code was case sensitive, I entered my code using capital letters like in the email I got. It was not accepted! :x

Then I entered the code without using the Shift key (for capitals) and it was accepted. :!: The letters are capitalized automatically.

So, don't enter your registration letters using the shift key.

I can play now! I'm so excited! :D
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Try using the cap lock key for entering if you have trouble that usually works for me.
Palikka
Initiate

Post by Palikka »

Buckets wrote:Because the previous message said the code was case sensitive, I entered my code using capital letters like in the email I got. It was not accepted! :x

Then I entered the code without using the Shift key (for capitals) and it was accepted. :!: The letters are capitalized automatically.

So, don't enter your registration letters using the shift key.

I can play now! I'm so excited! :D
Oh! That's weird, I did the opposite (didnt work without using shift) and got it working! :D
-.-
txa1265
Apprentice

Post by txa1265 »

Yeah ... loads of issues - lag between registering and acceptance, unclear on caps or no caps in entry. Not the best start, Thomas! Hope this doesn't detract folks from the game.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

It is a little Glitchy.

It didn't work first time for me either and I swear I typed it correct. Then I tried it again and it worked.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

txa1265 wrote:Yeah ... loads of issues - lag between registering and acceptance, unclear on caps or no caps in entry. Not the best start, Thomas! Hope this doesn't detract folks from the game.
Well, I've had 6 people today email me saying they had problems- none of which were anything more than a misread 1 or 0.

There is a slight pause when the system verifies the number- hence a tiny bit of "lag".

Not the best start? Actually, I think we've had an exceptionally smooth launch and very positive feedback! :D
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

I have to agree with txa though. It's not a good sign when you type the registration code in correctly and find you have to go online looking for help to get it to work only to find out the issue is with capitals. It could turn some people off right away in regards to their perception of the game quality. Too bad because once you're into the game, the quality is great!
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Drixx »

Erm ... picking nits at all?

Most games these days have incredibly long registration codes. And, for whatever reason, it is becoming increasingly popular to disallow copy and paste. I think that is because many people copy leading or following spaces without realizing and that ends up costing more in support than making one type in by hand.

This is a short code that works fine. Additionally, how could it turn someone off from purchasing the product, since by definition they already have to have purchased the product to be entering a key in the first place.
elkston
Apprentice

Post by elkston »

Saxon1974 wrote:It is a little Glitchy.

It didn't work first time for me either and I swear I typed it correct. Then I tried it again and it worked.
Same here. I am willing to be money I typed the code correctly the first two times. Then I did it NO differently the third time and it worked.

Does the registration process contact a server on the Internet? Could the rush of new purchases have created a traffic jam where some requests were turned away and the application interpreted that as an "incorrect registration code"?
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I just uninstalled the beta, installed the release, and typed my registration code every which way, all caps, all lowercase, and a combination of the two... deleting my .cfg file to reset the game to demo status every time (thus requiring that I re-enter my registration key). Every time, the key worked.

In all likely-hood, the "problems" that everyone has been encountering is the fact that they're so excited to play the full game that they're simply typing the code in too quickly and fat-fingering the result.

Everyone just needs to stop, take a deep breath, examine their codes, and enter them one key at a time... maybe even taking a break between each letter/number. It's okay people, you'll get to bask in the glory that is Book II. Just have a little patience.

:mrgreen:

As a computer tech/IT person, I can't tell you how many times people absolutely insist that they've entered in the correct password, and yet when I do it for them, it works like a charm. Then I get accused of some voodoo-mumbo-jumbo.

*** Edit ***
There's no registration server (nor do I remember BW ever mentioning one). I've installed it on a laptop with no internet connection with no problems.
elkston
Apprentice

Post by elkston »

CrazyBernie wrote:
As a computer tech/IT person, I can't tell you how many times people absolutely insist that they've entered in the correct password, and yet when I do it for them, it works like a charm. Then I get accused of some voodoo-mumbo-jumbo.
LOL. That might have been what happened to me. I just KNOW i had it right, though. Maybe there was a leading or trailing space I neglected.
Ojisan
Steward

Post by Ojisan »

Well first time i tried to type code in, i couldnt fit the last number... tho after restarting game whole code did fit in :shock:
geishaboy
Marshall

Post by geishaboy »

Feel lucky you even have your code

Plimus has been processing my order for 7 hours now.

I have done everything I can in the demo version, so now I just have to sit around and wait for them to get their act together :|