Ruel treasure chests room

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
iamrichard
Steward

Re: Ruel treasure chests room

Post by iamrichard »

Dragonlady wrote:
I, too, was frustrated by that dang room it kept gnawing at me till I figured it out and got in there. :D
Great answer!
Now i have the patience to wait till later.
The grass is greener at my neighbour.
atori
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by atori »

5 bronze items should be worn to teleport into room with 2 chests: helm, armor, leggings, boots and gauntlets. Weapon and shield are not required.
SuicideBunny
Initiate

Post by SuicideBunny »

finished the game now. have yet to see any kind of bronze armor boots.
this easter egg sucks.
I have rules. I never eat children.
Apoteos
Steward

Post by Apoteos »

Speaking of easter eggs, I remember a few eggs in Book I which were very hard to find and also impossible if you didn´t have anything "consumed by fire" left, and despite this I loved that particular "quest". I think this Bronze Poem quest is exactly what was promised for this game; More puzzles and longer play time.

No Pain, no Gain 8)
The gift of life is so divine
But without death
Life would soon decline
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

SuicideBunny wrote:finished the game now. have yet to see any kind of bronze armor boots.
this easter egg sucks.
Keep checking blacksmith/weapon shops every week for missing pieces of armor. It's the fastest way to complete.
Ojisan
Steward

Post by Ojisan »

Dragonlady wrote:If you wear enough bronze armor items you can get in there. There is more to this Ruel quest than meets the eye, for you need something in there for another mini-side quest. Be aware, for one of the challenges you'd better wear only bronze armor that you have skill in. Light bronze armor is hard to find. It takes a long time to get into the room. Buying armor isn't a good idea, you need that money for other things. There are some quests you can't finish or get to till much further into the game. Be patient, its hard but you'll get a kick out the quest, if your patient.

I, too, was frustrated by that dang room it kept gnawing at me till I figured it out and got in there. :D
Are there even light bronze armour for some body-parts?
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Ojisan wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:If you wear enough bronze armor items you can get in there. There is more to this Ruel quest than meets the eye, for you need something in there for another mini-side quest. Be aware, for one of the challenges you'd better wear only bronze armor that you have skill in. Light bronze armor is hard to find. It takes a long time to get into the room. Buying armor isn't a good idea, you need that money for other things. There are some quests you can't finish or get to till much further into the game. Be patient, its hard but you'll get a kick out the quest, if your patient.

Are there even light bronze armour for some body-parts?
I don't know if there are enough light armor bits, I never really tried to find them all BUT I did find a bronze leggings last night with character I'm running through again. So, there must be some somewhere. I'm trying to take my own advice and being patient. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Ojisan
Steward

Post by Ojisan »

Bah, screw light armor...i reloaded shops 6 times now and cant find any bronze boots/gloves at all.
AgentTBC
Initiate

Post by AgentTBC »

I don't think bronze light gloves exist. Which makes this puzzle a bit dubious.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

There's bronze pieces of every armor type. I've "solved" the easter egg puzzle several times. The heavy bronze pieces are generally sold be either Ara (Everdale) or Sal (Port Kuudad). Light pieces usually show up in Ara's or Keebo's shops.

There's thousands of pieces of armor and weapons to be generated. "Random" means you won't always see something you want right away.
AgentTBC
Initiate

Post by AgentTBC »

Do you have to buy out old stock to get it to be replaced? Because the shops have been showing pretty much the same bunch of stuff for ages, even though they keep saying they have new stock.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

AgentTBC wrote:Do you have to buy out old stock to get it to be replaced? Because the shops have been showing pretty much the same bunch of stuff for ages, even though they keep saying they have new stock.
No, you do not have to buy them out. They restock every 8th day. Save before asking to see their items. See what is there, if it isn't, get out of the conversation and reload. Check again and again till you find what you want. It helps if you know roughly how much an item will cost so you can go to the appropriate area to find it. You can only to this IF you have the save-scum on when you first started the game. If you have it so chests and barrels have one and only one chance of an item, ie. not random. Then you get only one chance to find something at a shop and then you have to wait another 8 days with crossed fingers. It may take half the game or longer sometimes. Each area has a general kind of item cost of its items. East Willow has the cheapest, the pirate island the highest.

Pirate island?! What pirate island...giggle, wait and see. Patience grasshopper. :wink:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Keep in mind that the seven day cycle begins on the first day you visit a particular vendor.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Also some shops always restock certain items which helps when you want more potions or lock picks.
AgentTBC
Initiate

Post by AgentTBC »

Yeah, I have it so that a new random seed isn't generated on reload so I guess I'll be camping for a week at a time :)