Eschalon book II whole explored world map [SPOILER]

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
atori
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Eschalon book II whole explored world map [SPOILER]

Post by atori »

I have finished game and created map with cartography 14. I explored all what was possible to explore, even if which was not accessible in usual way. I guess this map will help people to know where to go and how big whole game is. I didn't include dungeons. That's too bad that this forum engine lacks spoilers. And I also can't attach file that it doesn't show itself as a picture.
Eschalon book II whole explored world map
Eschalon book II whole explored world map
eschalon book 2 explored map.png (193.61 KiB) Viewed 48414 times
Ojisan
Steward

Re: Eschalon book II whole explored world map [SPOILER]

Post by Ojisan »

How did you get into 1,2 and 3.

Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

This is nice, but can you label each region?
atori
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by atori »

You are very attentive. It is impossible to reach those regions, but I was dying from curiosity to know what was there, so I found a workaround and successfully saved myself from curiosity death. I used artmoney and I just changed coordinates in memory, so my character instantly teleported there. If to me more technical, coordinates are stored in integers with a size 4 bytes. If to press TAB you will see coordinates, but in memory they are actually lower by 8 for X and 18 for Y (maybe another digits for different maps).

I feel lazy to write region names. Maybe someone else will do it :roll:

Region "Northern Farrock range" is a bit unexplored in left upper corner, but it is trifle.
Ojisan
Steward

Post by Ojisan »

Oh, ok then. I was wondering if one could go there using normal means.

And dang! i explored all lava besides the one that leads to another map!!! Cos i was always getting message to turn back, i decided i would get same there >.<
atori
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by atori »

Ojisan wrote:And dang! i explored all lava besides the one that leads to another map!!! Cos i was always getting message to turn back, i decided i would get same there >.<
Yea, sometimes our assumptions are wrong. And it is a bit hard to get to that region because need to have high resistance to elements cuz need to walk over lava all the time and fight with spiders at the same time.
sstraub73
Pledge

Post by sstraub73 »

Thanks for putting this map together. Its a huge time saver.

I wish there was an in-game map like this.
yodabomb
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by yodabomb »

Can you post the same for dungeons?
mkreku
Apprentice

Post by mkreku »

So uh.. I'm guessing you didn't check out this little island then.

I circled a chest that I've been dying to find out what's inside :D

(sorry for the quality, jpg compression blurred the picture, but it's in the Southern Kessian Basin)

I'm guessing you need a boat.. or a levitation spell to get to it. Both of which don't exist in the game, as far as I know.
atori
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by atori »

Well, I found this chest before as well as another not reachable chest in Eastwillow's inn with coordinates (33, 83). They both are not reachable in usual way. I could "teleport" with artmoney and checked Eastwillow's chest. It is actually as usual chests. Nothing special inside. Usual random loot. I couldn't check chest, which is on your screenshot, because my character can't move nor check chest after teleport into water. Possibly it contains random loot too. I think BW put unreachable chests in the game to make players die from curiosity :lol:
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

BW said he might add access to that chest in the expansion this summer.
mamachi
Initiate

Post by mamachi »

Thanks for the world map it really help getting around and knowing where you are :D
dragonslayer
Apprentice

Post by dragonslayer »

Cool map and great work, thanks.

Here is the name of each map(* means quick travel location):

Code: Select all

HammerLorne Mountain --- Durnore Region* --- Northern Hellice Lake --- Northeastern Hellice Lake                           Cape Sorrow ---------- Broken Blade ---- Mistfell Northern Coast ----- The Forsaken Coast
                                                      |                     |                                                 |                         |               |                             |
                                                      |                     |                                                 |                         |               |                             |
                                         Western Hellice Lake - Raven's Gate West Entrance - Raven's Gate East Entrance* - Fellpine Forest - Eastern Fellpine Forest - Northwest Kessian Basin --- Port Kuudad*
                                                                                                          |                   |                         |               |                             |
                                                                                                          |                   |                         |               |                             |
                                                                                                Yoma River Headwater --- Western Kessian Basin --- Wolfenwood --- Central Farrock Range** ---- Northern Farrock Range
                                                                                                          |                   |                                         |
                                                                                                          |                   |                                         |
                                                                                               Eastern Sylphwood Forest  Greenriven lake --- Yoma River Valley* --- Southern Kessian Basin 
                                                                                                          |                                             |
                                                                                                          |                                             |
                                                                                                 Northern Harpoon Bay*                             Yoma Narrows
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          .               Hallows of Abigor
                                                                                                          .                    |
                                                                                                          .                    |
                                                                                                    Picaroon Isle* ----- Brimstone Lava Fields
                                                                                                                               |
                                                                                                                               |
                                                                                                                        Thundersun Grazelands ------- Ghar-gha River
                                                                                                                               |                        |
                                                                                                                               |                        |
                                                                                                                      Southern Thundersun Grazeland - Talushorn*
List of Quick Travel Locations:

Eastwillow: Yoma River Valley
Everdale: Central Farrock Range
Port Kuudad: Port Kuudad
The Farrock Monolith: Central Farrock Range
Broken Blade: Broken Blade
Raven's Gate: Raven's Gate East Entrance
Durnore: Durnore Region
Edon: Northern Harpoon Bay
Picaroon Isle: Picaroon Isle
Karaku Rock: Talushorn

I also attached the image version if the text map does not display correctly.
Attachments
map.png
map.png (9.36 KiB) Viewed 47267 times
Last edited by dragonslayer on May 21st, 2010, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
okashii
Senior Steward

Post by okashii »

atori & dragonslayer you both deserve a chocolate chip cookie for your efforts,
thanks a lot for great maps =]
silverkitty
Senior Council Member

Post by silverkitty »

although, the word valley does have an "e" in it :)