List of recipes and reagents.

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
okashii
Senior Steward

List of recipes and reagents.

Post by okashii »

While using forage skill when resting you can also find cottonwick and lamp fuel.
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: List of recipes and reagents.

Post by Eschalonian »

Did you notice that there are many reagents that are not part of any recipe? I wonder if the expansion will add some more recipes.
okashii
Senior Steward

Post by okashii »

Which items did you have in mind?
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

Are you asking what the useless reagents are, or which recipes I would like to see added? If the former, I can think of a couple: cotton wick, and toadis something (I forget the exact name).
Buckets
Council Member

Post by Buckets »

Cotton wick is to be used in your lantern along with oil to refill it. :wink:
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

Oh yeah. I forgot about the lantern. Is there anything else we can do with Alchemy that's not on this list of recipes?
110kaakeli
Initiate

Post by 110kaakeli »

What is Toadis pollen used for? I haven't found any recipe that uses it.

I haven't found exact alchemy levels for potions and imbuing items so I thought I would post some here. I played as a mage so ToHit, ToDam and elemental damages are missing and also the mininum levels to make potions. And I only realized to write these down after I had trained and read the alchemy book.

Alchemy skill @ 10:
Demon oil II
Healing potion II
Invisibility I
Mana potion II
Haste II
Harden armor +1

Alchemy skill @ 12:
Harden armor +2

Alchemy skill @ 14:
Healing potion III
Invisibility II
Mana potion III

Alchemy skill @ 15:
Haste III

Alchemy skill @ 20:
Harden armor +3

This is a little bit incompleted but feel free to finish this :wink:
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

ToHit and damage reach the max +3 at 22 skill. Even with trainers and books, that's a lot of skill points invested, but, if you're like me, you can't stand having anything but the best.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Rowanas wrote:ToHit and damage reach the max +3 at 22 skill. Even with trainers and books, that's a lot of skill points invested, but, if you're like me, you can't stand having anything but the best.
I really WANTED to have only the best for my heavy armor fighter, but I could never find top-quality equipment to imbue :(

I think at the end I had an 8 base weapon and mostly 8 base armor with a few 7s. I know base 10 weapons exist because I've seen them in the wrong type, and I know base 9 armor exists because I've seen it in light form. I guess I'm just unlucky.

Oh, and 8 trainer points + 2 book points + 4 ring points gives you 14, so that's only 6 "real" points for +3 armor, and 8 for +3 weapons.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

110kaakeli wrote:What is Toadis pollen used for? I haven't found any recipe that uses it.
Oh dear, didn't see this query earlier. toadis Pollen has no use (at the moment) other than getting cash. Probably be used in Book 3, maybe. I was hoping myself that it along with something else would make that potion given to the boy at Alchemy Level 25 but nope, no go. Sigh.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

I'm holding off on buying my final, enchanted equipment until I reach the last village in the game, where the best items wait for me. A sword or axe with +4 magick would be nicest, so I can imbue a great big +3 to hit and damage on that sucker.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Where, if anywhere, can one find just the recipe for the Potion of Restoration?

Can the recipe for the Potion of Restoration only be obtained by paying 750 GP in Port K. for all of the recipes?!

TIA.
Last edited by IJBall on July 22nd, 2010, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

You'll need to look around. the 750 gold for all the recipes is all you've. I had to do the same for the potion of invisibility. Good luck.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Rowanas wrote:You'll need to look around. the 750 gold for all the recipes is all you've. I had to do the same for the potion of invisibility. Good luck.
Actually, the recipe for Invisibility and for Cold/Fire/Poison Imbuing can be found elsewhere in the gameworld, and the other Imbuing recipes can be obtained from quests.

The recipe for the Potion of Restoration is the only one that seems to only be available from paying the 750 GP for all the potion recipes. It appears to be unique among the recipes that way...
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

It's not. It's definitely out there, since I had the recipe for a potion of restoration at the end of my last game, but never bought it.