Goliath Boreheads Quest

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Teemoor
Pledge

Goliath Boreheads Quest

Post by Teemoor »

Is there a counter to keep track how many I killed already or something? I killed a lot of 'em bugs, but I can't complete this quest. Quest giver says I didn't kill them all and I can't find any more. Is there a hive, perhaps or some special place where I can find 'em?
Cypress
Apprentice

Re: Goliath Boreheads Quest

Post by Cypress »

I kept track of them with X-es on a paper.

Spoiler:

The last one you're looking for is near a broken bridge located around the mage tower. :)
One does not simply walk into Fathamurk...
Teemoor
Pledge

Post by Teemoor »

w00t! Found that suckah! Got me whoopin' 2500XP! Level Up. :)

Thanx, mate!
Cypress
Apprentice

Post by Cypress »

No problem. :)
I spent half a day looking for that bug. :D
One does not simply walk into Fathamurk...
mgbmgb
Steward

Post by mgbmgb »

i'm just on that point of killin' em butget killed w/o themgettin a bit of injury
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

I kept track, but it turned out to be unnecessary. The last one you kill will drop the petrified wood. I had previously thought that any of those beasts could drop it, but the game apparently won't give it to you till you kill the last one. The one at the mage tower was actually the first one I killed, since I came from that direction.

Think of it like, the wood will magically teleport from the stomach of one Borehead to another, until there's no more of them to teleport to. :D
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Eschalonian wrote:I kept track, but it turned out to be unnecessary. The last one you kill will drop the petrified wood. I had previously thought that any of those beasts could drop it, but the game apparently won't give it to you till you kill the last one. The one at the mage tower was actually the first one I killed, since I came from that direction.
Actually the petrified wood should be in the same borehead every time. At least that's what happened to me since I started with that one the first time by accident and usually start there so I can turn in the quest early for the reward.
Lhoric
Senior Steward

Post by Lhoric »

ditto what Randomizer said.
MaryEllen
Initiate

Post by MaryEllen »

I had the petrified wood drop on the FIRST borehead I killed this time around -- now I can't find the last one/s I need to kill...
mamachi
Initiate

Post by mamachi »

Confirmed :D
And thanks for the list.
Noru
Apprentice

Post by Noru »

+1 confirm, just finished. Did not count the Broken Blade map, but all others are counted, and quest done -> meaning the Broken Blade 13 is correct too.
TableLegs
Pledge

Post by TableLegs »

Randomizer wrote:
Eschalonian wrote:I kept track, but it turned out to be unnecessary. The last one you kill will drop the petrified wood. I had previously thought that any of those beasts could drop it, but the game apparently won't give it to you till you kill the last one. The one at the mage tower was actually the first one I killed, since I came from that direction.
Actually the petrified wood should be in the same borehead every time. At least that's what happened to me since I started with that one the first time by accident and usually start there so I can turn in the quest early for the reward.
bam6510
Initiate

Post by bam6510 »

I got the petrified wood but then sold it not knowing that apparently you need it to get credit. I went back to the priest and he says I haven't killed them all yet but how could that be if I got the wood? Is that item the determining factor?