Purchased Item Durability

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Purchased Item Durability

Post by Drixx »

So,

Why is it that when I purchase items from the blacksmith I have no way to see a display of the condition? Secondly, why does every item I buy from a blacksmith come to me in nearly broken condition? I mean, seriously, do you think I would buy beat up junk from a guy who can repair stuff?

Of course not, I would expect quality, not a rip off.

What gives?
ManusDei
Council Member

Re: Purchased Item Durability

Post by ManusDei »

Condition is displayed.

If it's nearly broken, it's cheaper, so I guess you always take the cheap one :)
(but yeah, it's surprising to have a blacksmith sell broken stuff)
Drixx
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Drixx »

ManusDei wrote:Condition is displayed.

If it's nearly broken, it's cheaper, so I guess you always take the cheap one :)
(but yeah, it's surprising to have a blacksmith sell broken stuff)
Condition is displayed as a WORD. Not the bar that visualizes where in the range that word falls ... and each word has a largish portion of the total bar as well.
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

Drixx wrote: Secondly, why does every item I buy from a blacksmith come to me in nearly broken condition?
Really? You're lucky. You get what you pay for, and the more broken the item is, the cheaper it is. If you have decent Repair level, and you should, from the trainer, then it's a good deal.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Think of it as the blacksmith offering all of his wares for sale, even those he hasn't had a chance to fully repair yet.

I've gotten some smokin' deals on higher level items that were in poor condition. All it takes is a pair of Tinker's Gloves and a little time spent in a tent to fix 'em up.
Varwulf
Apprentice

Post by Varwulf »

With a high enough mercantile and repair skill you can buy damaged gear from the blacksmith, camp outside his shop for a day, and sell it back to him for profit :mrgreen:
"No, you're wrong. I'm all fox. I snatch at the meat the wind brings me. I nose out mysteries." - Wulfgar; A Black Fox Running