Guilty and redemption

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book II
iamrichard
Steward

Guilty and redemption

Post by iamrichard »

Hi, is it possible to redeem your self of sin when you stole something?
In the first town i melt a door lock, but got caught and now the guard is not leaving me alone anymore. :oops:
The grass is greener at my neighbour.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Guilty and redemption

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Once a criminal, always a criminal. You can't do one single thing to redeem yourself. But, you can make people like you again through other means:

Charm the guard, either via spell or Charm Cloud potion. When it wears off, he'll be your friend again.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
iamrichard
Steward

Post by iamrichard »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Once a criminal, always a criminal. You can't do one single thing to redeem yourself. But, you can make people like you again through other means:

Charm the guard, either via spell or Charm Cloud potion. When it wears off, he'll be your friend again.
Ah, charm, didnt think about that one !
Thnx for your good support!
The grass is greener at my neighbour.
Eschalonian
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Eschalonian »

I was excited to learn about his trick, until I discover that it doesn't always work. Guards, yeah, but shopkeepers, probably not. I have a shopkeeper that mysteriously went hostile on me (no idea why), but is too powerful to be affected by charm, even at level 6.

<sigh> I guess I won't be doing any business with this shopkeeper.

Oh, and the strange thing is this shopkeep went after me, and the guards came to my defense. I had to portal out because I didn't want to see this shopkeeper killed (I correctly assumed that the game would not continue the battle in my absense).
shuster
Pledge

Post by shuster »

The priest in Port Kuudad is mad at me, so I tried throwing a charm potion at him. He witnessed this criminal act, became charmed, and then proceeded to attack himself until he was dead. It would be nice to be able to complete the quest he gave me...
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

shuster wrote:The priest in Port Kuudad is mad at me, so I tried throwing a charm potion at him. He witnessed this criminal act, became charmed, and then proceeded to attack himself until he was dead. It would be nice to be able to complete the quest he gave me...
This happened to me with the secretary in East Willow during Beta testing. Thought it (the problem with charm stuff) was fixed. Humm..
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

shuster wrote:The priest in Port Kuudad is mad at me, so I tried throwing a charm potion at him. He witnessed this criminal act, became charmed, and then proceeded to attack himself until he was dead. It would be nice to be able to complete the quest he gave me...
That's actually pretty hilarious, in a creepy-morbid sorta way.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

CrazyBernie wrote:
That's actually pretty hilarious, in a creepy-morbid sorta way.
It's hilarious. The secretary in my game did that. She stood outside by her door and kept hitting herself with script saying something like "Karen hits Karen for 2 points damage. Karen hits..." while the guard walked by her and looked like he scratched his head in puzzlement. Meantime I'm inside looting and laughing everytime I move 'Karen' hits herself.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

It reminds me of the scene in Liar Liar when the dude walks in on Jim Carey beating himself up in the restroom, and he's like, "What, I'm kickin' my ass!"