Talking is good!!!!

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
cubgrace
Apprentice

Talking is good!!!!

Post by cubgrace »

You guys have done an excellent job on keeping us informed about the progress of the game. I do not think I have ever seen a game and its community communicate as much as you have done. It really seems like you really do care about you customers. This is a very unique thing that I am sure most of us really appreciate. Please don’t stop.
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

I couldn't agree more - it is nice to find developers that still take the time to talk to their community/fan base.
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

This is what sets Most Indie devs apart from AAA - How many AAA care about the Fans,the people that buy the game - not Many if any :(
Gallifrey
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Gallifrey »

I've found that it's often the developers listening to the audience that helps solidify a lasting fanbase and lasting impression.
I remember way back when, BioWare and Black Isle Studios both listened to and interacted with their audience via their message boards, and often took suggestions to heart and implemented some things suggested, and took guidance from those fans.
And look at how well-regarded those developers are now (even though BIS is defunct). Listening and interacting is a great, great way to build support, and it's pretty clear to me that Basilisk understands this, and moreover, enjoys that element of the business. So hat's off to them for it!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning. And the sea's asleep and the rivers dream … People made of smoke and cities made of song … Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold!