Fixes/Changes for Patch 1.01

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Fixes/Changes for Patch 1.01

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

This is an ongoing list of fixes currently in place for patch 1.01. I will keep adding to this as bugs are found and fixed, and the patch will be released after everyone gives it a good shakedown for a couple more days to see if there are any other problems found. [edit] Oh, and thanks to these brave pioneer Windows users, Mac users will be getting version 1.01 from the start so these problems won't be an issue! ;)

Patch version 1.01: (FINAL)
FIXED: Pressing "T" while holding a shield crashes game.
FIXED: Skill point exploit in Character Editor.
FIXED: Typos...I won't list them all, but any posted in the support thread or emailed to me are fixed immediately.
FIXED: Pressing "J" while the inventory window is open no longer causes text to overflow from the Quest Journal.
FIXED: Map barrier errors...I won't list them all, but any posted in the support thread or emailed to me are fixed immediately.
FIXED: Several skill description inconsistencies.
FIXED: No longer lose items left in mixer when pressing Esc.
FIXED: Magick Journal should display all spells properly.
FIXED: Space bar exploit.
FIXED: Inventory tooltip focus problem.
FIXED: Creatures on edge of screen occasionally not responding to attacks.
FIXED: Camping on beach no longer hangs system.
FIXED: Bashing object while container window is open no longer crashes game.
ADDED: Keystroke 'x' opens Inventory, Equip Window, and Stats window all at once. Oh yeah, this is nice! :)
BALANCE: Made a small change to allow the maximum recovery rate for MP to be 1/3 rounds, rather than 1/4 rounds.
BALANCE: Increased arrow quantities for merchants.
BALANCE: Balanced empty-handed bashing/Fire Dart bashing/Lock Melt to be a bit more even.
Last edited by BasiliskWrangler on November 21st, 2007, 12:39 pm, edited 24 times in total.
SuicideBunny
Initiate

Post by SuicideBunny »

can it be that you have a max size on the spellbook or the scroll bar on the spellbook? i just learned a few more divination spells, and all my highest elemental spells are gone.

edit: blackwater region (32, 190) shouldn't be passable.
I have rules. I never eat children.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

SuicideBunny: did those spells ever show back up, like if you close your Magick Journal and reopen it? I know the spells are there, but it sounds like an issue with displaying a certain number of them.

How many spells do you have now?
SuicideBunny
Initiate

Post by SuicideBunny »

eh, forget it for now, seems it was my failing memory, or really an obscure bug, either way i need to do some testing and verifying...
I have rules. I never eat children.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Okay, I am locking version 1.01 changes because these are being incorporated into the Mac versions which are going into beta testing.

I will publish this patch soon, and continue other changes in 1.02.
Melvil
Initiate

Post by Melvil »

I posted on another thread and just realized this happened to me after buying the divination skill in blackwater as well. After that new Elem spells push my higher elem spells off the screen.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Okay...I guess I am not going to close this patch yet, but rather delay the Mac beta test by a couple days to get some more fixes in.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Am I missing anything in my ToDo list for 1.01 (at the top of this thread) that needs immediate attention?

Let's keep this just bugs or simple requests. I can't add character running to the game right now, and keypad movement is a fairly big addition which will have to wait until I am not so swamped with more important issues.
Per
Apprentice

Re: Fixes/Changes for Patch 1.01

Post by Per »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
ADDED: Keystroke 'x' opens Inventory, Equip Window, and Stats window all at once. Oh yeah, this is nice! :)
Does 'x' also close the windows once you've opened them?
Del137
Apprentice

Post by Del137 »

:roll: could you please deal with save/load game problem in different language windows? Imposibility to save game prevents us of getting full version of Eschalon :shock:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Per: Yes.

Del137: The problem is I don't have access to an Alternate Language version of Windows to do any testing on. I thought several other users said the problem was fixed once you rename the folder to "My Documents".

Okay, I will work on this for the next patch- probably add a line in the config file where users can change the default save path to any path they want. Because of the extra work involved it needs to go into 1.02 though.
Psilon
Initiate

Post by Psilon »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Del137: The problem is I don't have access to an Alternate Language version of Windows to do any testing on. I thought several other users said the problem was fixed once you rename the folder to "My Documents".

Okay, I will work on this for the next patch- probably add a line in the config file where users can change the default save path to any path they want. Because of the extra work involved it needs to go into 1.02 though.
Also, try using SHGetFolderPath to find the My Documents directory rather than hard-coding "My Documents."
DGM
Initiate

Re: Fixes/Changes for Patch 1.01

Post by DGM »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: ToDo: Investigate: possible balance issue with unarmed combat/bashing in relation to other classes.
Also, spells and bashing. Fire Dart is just hideously powerful.
Del137
Apprentice

Post by Del137 »

BasiliskWrangler: Well - creating slot1 slot2 ... slot slot10 folders inside "C:\My Documents\Eschalon Book 1 Saved Games" help me to load and save games... and all work fine now! :idea:
Game wont able to create these folders itself at my computer- not sure why (my friend Zar said his game create folders itself after changing folder to "My Documents" and forse moving all files in "Propertyes" of it in Windows worktable in similar folder).. o_O
*Me happy now :wink:
DemonWizard
Initiate

Post by DemonWizard »

FIXED: Map barrier errors...I won't list them all, but any posted in the support thread or emailed to me are fixed immediately.

in the demo , first dungeon in the ruined town where you start , near the end of the dungeon i could walk through the wall , it did not lead anywhere but inside of the dungeon walls just thought you should know , now that said anything found in the demo for bugs ect will there be the same bugs in the full game?