Wish List for Book II?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Vennor
Apprentice

Post by Vennor »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Book II will have multiple genders and races.
But how are you going to implement (explain) this into the storyline?

All in all it's a good news :).
Kyote
Apprentice

Post by Kyote »

Random worlds... So each time we play the game towns are in different places and items in dungeons are also mixed about.

I got the Demo for book 1 and bought it within the hour. That's how good this style of game making is to me. But I know once this game is beaten it won't be nearly as enjoyable trying to go through it again with an alternate character.

So please, make book 2 replayable by randomizing everything.
Kyote
Kyote
Apprentice

Post by Kyote »

I would think it'd be easy enough to see. Women get tired of seeing their loved ones getting... whatever is happening to the world.
Kyote
dak
Marshall

Post by dak »

I guess what he meant was if we are going to import or play the same character it'll be hard to explain. But I guess we can assume we'll play as a new character in book 2!
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Kyote wrote:Random worlds... So each time we play the game towns are in different places and items in dungeons are also mixed about.

I got the Demo for book 1 and bought it within the hour. That's how good this style of game making is to me. But I know once this game is beaten it won't be nearly as enjoyable trying to go through it again with an alternate character.

So please, make book 2 replayable by randomizing everything.
please dont. that way it would be impossible to write a good story/quests.
without such quests like: bring me x numbers of y itemtypes which are spread in all possible points of the compass.

one could include some randomized dungeons just for occasional adventuring.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

i would love to see a party where the player can create 1-2 add. partymembers himself and let others join during the adventure.

but please avoid such things as letting the player choose from a pool of party members which wait in a hideout and level up with the active members. i hate that. and it wouldn´t be oldschool. ;)
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

Like the small local area map. Even purchased a big over view map, but when I right click on the over view global map, how about a red geometeric (i guess in this case square or rectangular) on the global showing realitive location of the local area map.
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

like the cruise control of the lock wheel (w key), the click click click of manual fine movement, and manual auto control of mouse movement with the left mouse key depressed.

Could you consider the following (i use the grid display sure it ruins the atmosphere a bit but) clicking right clicking ahead in a grid square to auto move to that square. useful for long straight lines fine tune movement of come to here and stop type of action.
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
Azael
Initiate

Post by Azael »

A few short thoughts:

Cheaper costs for the cartography skill. As it is now, I really don't think the return of investment corresponds to other, more "useful" skills.

Different kinds of attacks.

More fast travel checkpoints. Preferably one per map, where it's appropriate.

Spears for close combat as well

Backstab/sneak attacks
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

- An Alchemy book that adds recipes as you find them, as well as adding a recipe as soon as you successfully learn a new one.
- A hot key or button to auto equip/un-equip shield (to quickly allow you to use a torch).
- More save slots.
Claw
Apprentice

Post by Claw »

The ability to bind spells without exiting the spell window so binding several spells or different power levels is more convenient.

Maybe just add buttons for 1-0; you could also highlight numbers that are already used.

The ability to drag a stack of ingredients into the alchemy window. Heck, if the game can tell me I am not allowed to use more than a single ingredient, why can't it just take one and return the rest to the inventory, preferably to the slot where I took it from?
Amasius
Apprentice

Post by Amasius »

Azael wrote:More fast travel checkpoints. Preferably one per map, where it's appropriate.
I second that. Or at least it should be possible to teleport back to the place of departure.
Verdine
Pledge

Classes based skills too

Post by Verdine »

Hi, I wish to see some aded specific skills appliable only to certain classes and leave the rest of it as it is or to you.

The Idea is that each class would have one or two, you know just a little bit more and only for them. The system how you've done it is just fine. And there is allways space for improvement. In particular it would be life-sapping for Necromancers, Inflicting Diseases for Blighters, Animal Spirit Shields for Guardians, 30% more damage for chosen element spells for Wizards, Animal Friendship for Shepards, Berseker for Warriors and so on...

Have fun creating your game, I will have fun playing it after I buy the sequel too :D

Thank you very much, this kind of work you've done is a bliss.
Doug Tenser
Apprentice

Post by Doug Tenser »

How about a brag sheet that displays things like "Nastiest Beastie Killed", "Most Damage Done and To Whom", "Number of Beasties Killed", "Number of Locks Picked", "Total Gold Found/Received", "Total Gold Spent", "Percentage of All Quests Completed", etc...
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Jaesun wrote:- An Alchemy book that adds recipes as you find them, as well as adding a recipe as soon as you successfully learn a new one.
I second this one that would be very cool
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.