Suggestions for less clicking in Book 2

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Viktoras
Marshall

Re: Suggestions for less clicking in Book 2

Post by Viktoras »

no...i mean...I had the 'W' (auto walk key) on...was just guiding my character (and i wasn't really paying attention being half asleep) and i walked him right into an attacking mob sorta like 'doop ta doop ta doo OMG!!!! Their's a giant beetle in front of me and he's RIGHT ON TOP OF ME!!!!!!! :P
Never trust a grinning DM!!
kenoxite
Apprentice

Re: Suggestions for less clicking in Book 2

Post by kenoxite »

Also, there's other places where streamlining how the UI works would be nice, such as:

- Being able to scroll with the mouse wheel the alchemy recipes, or at least being able to drag the rectangle up and down.

- Being able to equip or unequip an item by double clicking it (with autoplacement as long as you can wear that particular item).

- Make Space the default key to accept or close all the popup panels, apart from the actual Y(es) or O(k) to accept. Maybe all but the important ones to prevent the player to Space key information out.

And small things like that.

While those aren't too important it's the sum of them all little inconveniences that add up into potential player frustration, the frustration of feeling you're spending more time playing the UI than the game itself. Not that Eschalon is totally like that anyway, but there's definitely room for improvement.