PATCH 1.01

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

PATCH 1.01

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Here is a link to the 1.01 patch. Consider it a beta for now until it gets reviewed by a few people.

So, if anyone here wants to give it a try before I post it live on the website, please do. Report any issues in this thread.

[Link removed temporarily]
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Okay, sorry about that...I needed to get one last fix in there! :wink:

Please test this patch:

http://basiliskgames.com/patches/eb1_101_update.exe
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

I assume we aren't going to have to start a new game upon installing the patch? That sure would be great, would hate to have to start over again.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Okay, I've had 8 people report to me that this patch seems to be okay. Anyone else have anything to report on it? If not, I'll post this on the front page within the hour.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Saxon1974: No, you do not have to start a new game. However, some of the changes (such as map or item adjustments) probably won't show up until you start a new game. These are very minor however.

The important thing is that all the bug fixes will be in place without a game restart.
Melvil
Initiate

Post by Melvil »

spell list appears to be working again, x works, no crashes after an hour of gaming, never noticed any typos in the first place, not a ranger, magick regen was still appropriately slow, nothing to report yet.
Elixir
Initiate

Post by Elixir »

Works just fine, I noticed something slightly increased the performance. The 'x' Key is working a treat, saves pressing i, e, s, then esc when trying out & switching equiptment. I'm liking the patch, very quick release and has improved the game.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Great! :D

I've made it official. Links on the front page and some news updates!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Saxon1974: No, you do not have to start a new game. However, some of the changes (such as map or item adjustments) probably won't show up until you start a new game. These are very minor however.

The important thing is that all the bug fixes will be in place without a game restart.
Excellent, thanks. Those things are minor enough that I don't need to restart. Honestly, I don't find any wrong enough in the game to get in the way of my enjoyment of playing.

Thanks for you hard work and quick response on the patch, so Im assuming your not getting any sleep, but it's very much appreciated :)
mai
Initiate

Post by mai »

After more than 14 hours of playing a first bug finally occured :)

I've walked into Vela region through Camp Thorndike northwest corner, and my character was placed into water somehow, so I was able to walk upwards (that I shouldn't able to in normal situation). Then game crashes.

Eschalon: Book I v1.01
http://pix.academ.org/img/2007/11/22/01 ... a9aa4e6bd2
Melvil
Initiate

Post by Melvil »

that bug happened to me at random with the demo as well, very ellusive known bug
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Truly elusive!

It makes no sense to me and I cannot figure out why the game is doing this.

Hopefully at some point we can find a common element that links these occurrences together, and from there we can fix it.