The mines of the dwarfs.

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
MaximB
Senior Steward

The mines of the dwarfs.

Post by MaximB »

Hello !

I've restarted the adventure with a new character (never really finished with the 1st one) and I'm kinda stuck at the mines of the dwarfs.
I off course saved before entering the level 2 of the mines, but still..
There are 2 portals at level 2 : one goes to a "jail" when you have no way out.
The second goes to a dead trap.

Is the only way to pass it is to use the inviability spell or is there another way ?
Because it will take some time before any shop will have that spell.

P.S
Also I haven't discovered the portal/save point after the main big city - were can I find it ?
kenoxite
Apprentice

Re: The mines of the dwarfs.

Post by kenoxite »

Just don't do as that movie said and this time actually Go into the light.

EDIT: And the travel point for the main big city is in a small square in the middle. Look for a black obelisk.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

kenoxite wrote:Just don't do as that movie said and this time actually Go into the light.

EDIT: And the travel point for the main big city is in a small square in the middle. Look for a black obelisk.
1. I did found the portal of the main big city, but not the portal that comes after it (on the right portals menu).

2. I have a no idea what you just said ... go into the light ??? wtf ???
I'm surrounded by shooting trees...
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

MaximB wrote:
1. I did found the portal of the main big city, but not the portal that comes after it (on the right portals menu).

Question 1. If I read your post correctly, you are referring to the "Quick Travel" menu that comes up in the upper right corner of the screen. If so, the next location after Port Kuudad is the Farrock Monolith.

That is a good adventure, and you need to build up some XPs by exploring the area. Go east out of Eastwillow, then follow the path north. Keep going past the brother's house. The Farrock Monolith is on the next map north.

Question 2. You will be able to deal better with the Sentinel Stalks when you have built up your character a little more. Take some Invisibility Potion along the next time. Then, run toward the two lights on the wall.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

Painted Lady wrote:
MaximB wrote:

Question 1. If I read your post correctly, you are referring to the "Quick Travel" menu that comes up in the upper right corner of the screen. If so, the next location after Port Kuudad is the Farrock Monolith.

That is a good adventure, and you need to build up some XPs by exploring the area. Go east out of Eastwillow, then follow the path north. Keep going past the brother's house. The Farrock Monolith is on the next map north.

Question 2. You will be able to deal better with the Sentinel Stalks when you have built up your character a little more. Take some Invisibility Potion along the next time. Then, run toward the two lights on the wall.

Thanks
I did as you said but the path north leads to Broken gate and Ravens Grave which are already marked on the map.

Still can't find the caves.
kenoxite
Apprentice

Post by kenoxite »

MaximB wrote:
Painted Lady wrote:
MaximB wrote: I did as you said but the path north leads to Broken gate and Ravens Grave which are already marked on the map.

Still can't find the caves.
Just go north from the cabin where you found the dead brother of that girl in the first town (Eastwillow). That's the easiest route.

And, anyway, I thought that hint was enough (for the stalks). That's the only light source in that room, so just run for it. You don't need an invisibility potion, though, you can just run while using a shield or any other weapon in parry mode.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

Thanks found it (I was going to opposite way).
And I didn't see the light in that room, I saw only my death ;)
I am a mage so I have no shields, I only need to get the invisability spell which is hard to find.
Or a potion...

Thanks.
kenoxite
Apprentice

Post by kenoxite »

MaximB wrote: I am a mage so I have no shields, I only need to get the invisability spell which is hard to find.
Or a potion...
Oh, if you're a mage then you have way more options. Like casting the "air bubble" spell (the one that protects you from missiles) and nuke your way out. Or just find a corner and start cleaning the room from there. That's what I did my first time. I also had a mage and, like you, didn't spot the torches. So I just run to a corner and started my killing spree.

And about the Farrock caves and the new dungeon, I can't stress enough that you prepare yourself good enough before entering them. If you were a non-mage that'd mean a ranged -and fully loaded- weapon is a must, unless you don't care about your gear. As a mage, though, you should have no particular problems until the end. Also, make sure you're level 16 or more.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

kenoxite wrote:
MaximB wrote: I am a mage so I have no shields, I only need to get the invisability spell which is hard to find.
Or a potion...
Oh, if you're a mage then you have way more options. Like casting the "air bubble" spell (the one that protects you from missiles) and nuke your way out. Or just find a corner and start cleaning the room from there. That's what I did my first time. I also had a mage and, like you, didn't spot the torches. So I just run to a corner and started my killing spree.

And about the Farrock caves and the new dungeon, I can't stress enough that you prepare yourself good enough before entering them. If you were a non-mage that'd mean a ranged -and fully loaded- weapon is a must, unless you don't care about your gear. As a mage, though, you should have no particular problems until the end. Also, make sure you're level 16 or more.
Cleared the mines, got the relic - it was easier then I though - but with a mage it's usually easy - Book1 was a piece of cake (so I abandoned it near the end for some reason).
Just shoot the dwarfs till you out of mana, take a few steps back and rest a few seconds to regain your mana - shoot again...they are so dumb.

Anyways - now they gave me 2 quests :
1. find some mage at some tower (if it's the place near the bug quest, it's a problem to forward once you in. (many levers)
2. Go and kill the bull people - seems to me like it's the last quest and I should do the Farrock caves quest first - but I'm only level 14
kenoxite
Apprentice

Post by kenoxite »

MaximB wrote:Anyways - now they gave me 2 quests :
1. find some mage at some tower (if it's the place near the bug quest, it's a problem to forward once you in. (many levers)
2. Go and kill the bull people - seems to me like it's the last quest and I should do the Farrock caves quest first - but I'm only level 14
1. Yes, that's the place. Just pay attention to what doors each lever opens and you'll soon sort it out. It's not that complicated, it just can take some time if you're not paying attention.

2. The two times I've done the Farrock caves I first traveled to the port town you need to reach to access "bull land". In the journey to Edon (that's the name of the port) you should gain some substantial experience. Anyway, I guess level isn't as important for a mage, particularly if you haven't screwed up much his/her build. I'd say get to Edon, activate the quick travel beacon, gear yourself up conveniently and go to the new dungeon. You should be around level 15 by then, which I guess should be enough for a mage (I say guess because, while my first character was a mage, I didn't have a good save to take him back to the dungeon, so I only finished it with a rogue and a barbarian).
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

kenoxite wrote:
MaximB wrote:Anyways - now they gave me 2 quests :
1. Yes, that's the place. Just pay attention to what doors each lever opens and you'll soon sort it out. It's not that complicated, it just can take some time if you're not paying attention.

2. The two times I've done the Farrock caves I first traveled to the port town you need to reach to access "bull land". In the journey to Edon (that's the name of the port) you should gain some substantial experience. Anyway, I guess level isn't as important for a mage, particularly if you haven't screwed up much his/her build. I'd say get to Edon, activate the quick travel beacon, gear yourself up conveniently and go to the new dungeon. You should be around level 15 by then, which I guess should be enough for a mage (I say guess because, while my first character was a mage, I didn't have a good save to take him back to the dungeon, so I only finished it with a rogue and a barbarian).

I've already reached and marked Edon, and I'm level 14.
I guess I'll do the Farrock caves quest first - the game was easy thus far.
kenoxite
Apprentice

Post by kenoxite »

OK, just visit the mages tower first. There's a few thousands xp waiting you there.