Numen: Contest of Heroes

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Numen: Contest of Heroes

Post by blatherbeard »

Not sure if im late to the party with this game but i just played the demo and it was pretty slick.

Anyone else play this game, or the demo? Im downloading it on steam right now for 9.99. Even if its not all that great and i only play it a bit, 10 bucks is a small price to pay for a test drive to me.

The demo was for sure fun, even having to play as a sorcerer, which i dont usually play in a 3rd person action rpg.

Couldnt level up(or didnt play long enough to get that far) and could only play one class/race/gender combo so ill let you know my thoughts after its downloaded and played a bit. (might have to restart steam, download seems painfully slow today)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Numen: Contest of Heroes

Post by blatherbeard »

So far, its interesting but a steep learning curve i havent seen since the likes of FF1.

Ive died, alot. Maybe its just me, who knows.

Not alot of direction in this game. No xp for finishing quests, it just advances the storyline and gets you the occasional spell or ability.

The warrior is gimped HARD, at least at the beginning.

Mage spells are pretty OP.

didnt try the bow.

Like the story, learning curve is ok but if it doesnt start leading me somewhere with some decent direction and stop leading me into battles you cant win, i may be done with it already.

Cant recommend this game just yet, but im still just in the beginning stages past what i would call the tutorial.

EDIT--Now i am getting quest XP, so thats good. Must not get it in the tutorial--you go from being a kid to adult(which gives you lvl 12 as a kid, i went to lvl 19 but when you hit adult you auto get 21, which feels more like lower levels the way its put together so levels dont mean anything early on really.)

when i finally got to an area i could fight in, had to kill, run, kill run, til hit 22, to get a finishing move. Once i figured that out, i went to lvl 25 relatively easily. Not a game where you take on multiple enemies early.

when you first start out you basically test the three classes and whichever you use most, it gives you as your start class when you hit the "adulthood" part.

I know when using the mage spells in tandem with the warrior spells in the training area, the mage spells were ultra killing machine deadly. But ill have to admit, now that im rolling, for 10 bucks, its decent. If it had been more, it wouldnt have been worth it.

Shines at times, but can be frustrating.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

Re3st1mat3d
Initiate

Post by Re3st1mat3d »

It's $2.50 today actually
This is top Notch. hehe
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Replayed this as a mage, gave up on fighter.

between resists from enemies lower than you and no armor til you hit about 30 really, game isnt worth 1.00

Poorly scripted, enemies too close together in the beginning levels, pretty to look at but unless you like crawling at a snails pace and dying every 2 or 5 battles, to things lower than you, i cannot reccommend it now.