Patch 1.02

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Patch 1.02

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Fixes/Changes to version 1.02: [FINAL]
[FIXED]: Blackwater Tavern owner now lets you visit you-know-where more than once.
[FIXED]: Several more map barrier errors and typos.
[FIXED]: Item duplication exploit.
[FIXED]: A bad alchemy mix doesn't send ingredients back to your inventory.
[FIXED]: Game reports Object Condition when damaging objects with fire.
[FIXED]: Options Menu exploit.
[FIXED]: Attacking priest in Blackwater caused crash.
[FIXED]: Armor Imbuing bug
[FIXED]: ToHit Imbuing Bug
[FIXED]: Selling grouped items to an NPC who doesn't have enough money no longer crashes game.
[FIXED]: Pressing Esc in conversation no longer brings up Option Menu upon exiting dialog.
[FIXED]: Crash under very specific deaths (for example, death while in the middle of casting a spell)
[UPDATED]: Several small changes made to the map at end-game to ensure one specific ending works as intended.
[UPDATED]: If no enemies or NPCs are nearby, the held-weight limitation for casting is forgiven.
[BALANCE]: Haste duration has been significantly reduced to limit its overly powerful effects.
[BALANCE]: Several high-level swords have been adjusted (increased damage) to be more appropriately balanced.
[NEW]: Upon drinking a potion, the game will autostack the empty flask on top of the first Empty Flask found in your inventory. If no Empty Flask is found, the system puts it in your hand for you to manually place.
Last edited by BasiliskWrangler on November 27th, 2007, 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Updated the file with new end-game map. If you haven't reach end game yet, this new map will load as intended. If you have already made it there, you'll need to restore a saved game that is before you have reached the final map in order to see this change.

Also, I updated the fix list with mention that I adjusted some swords.
Sinister
Pledge

Post by Sinister »

[FIXED]: ToHit Imbuing Bug
Is this about self-imbued weapons not being able to hit ghosts?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Yes.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Okay, a few hours have passed and eight people have emailed me saying the patch looks good. Anyone else? I will post it live on the website within the hour unless someone finds a problem with it.
Wharyoo
Initiate

Post by Wharyoo »

I tested some of the new fixes (couldn't tried them all :/), but seems working fine :)
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

Yes no problems so far.
"FUL IR"
JOG
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JOG »

The "X"-key added by v1.01 doesn't seem to work anymore, found nothing else.
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

Hmmm still working for me.
"FUL IR"
JOG
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by JOG »

Weird...

restarted the game and it worked fine again.

Okay, no bugs so far. :lol:
Effidian
Steward

Post by Effidian »

Not sure this is related to 1.02 or not, but I never encountered a problem in the 20 hours I was playing with 1.00 or 1.01 and have only been using 1.02 for a couple hours now.

I tried to quicksave, and got a message about an error saving, and to try another slot. I then brought up the save dialog but there were no "Slots", the list box where the slots usually are listed was just blank. I restarted the game, and my quicksave was gone.

I had just started a new game with 1.02, so no big loss and it may have been some weird fluke that isn't related to 1.02. Just thought I'd post it.
Wharyoo
Initiate

Post by Wharyoo »

The saving problem isn't related to 1.02, it's just some directory naming problem. Sometimes the game seems to delete one save slot folder (usually the 1st one, slot1) and therefor don't find the others. If this happens just alt+tab out to OS and recreate the missing folder, alt+tab back and save :)
AFAIK the fix for this is on the way in some later patch, but BasiliskWrangler can be more precise on that info ;)
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

After applying patch, my Mithril sword doesn't appear any different. It still does the same base damage (5) as a steel sword and my to hit is the same.

Wasn't that supposed to change?
Galahad
Pledge

Post by Galahad »

Just a small error: In the keyboard shortcut help (F3) it says to press Q to open the quest journal, which makes sense, but I have to press J, which also is sort intuitive - but it took some time before I found it out still.
I'm just surprised that I haven't heard of anybody else noticing it.
Well, it won't stop me from playing, so back to playing.

PS. By the way - I don't know why moving has to be so slow, the program gives me 9-10 speed evaluation, which should be alright, but still the hero moves much quicker down in the dungeon. And much too slow up in the sun, and after all a druid should be quickened by the sun!
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Saxon1974 wrote:After applying patch, my Mithril sword doesn't appear any different. It still does the same base damage (5) as a steel sword and my to hit is the same.

Wasn't that supposed to change?
I checked one of the shops that had a mithril longsword for sale and it now says its a diamond edged long sword.

Am I going to have to re-buy the mithril sword to improve it's value? Hope not because Im short on gold already.