My guy is frozen

Windows support forum for Eschalon: Book I
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

My guy is frozen

Post by Neilsouth »

mysterious cave , two exploding barrels facing each other with a switch in the middle.. If i walk across the switch i die because its a trap and the barrels blow up , if i hit the barrels on there own they blow up but i get minimal damage yet my guy is frozen in motion.

Nothing works , can't even load/save..
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Sorry. This is fixed in 1.03. You have to probably kill the process to exit the game.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

Found another way to fix this , hit the rest button... The guy goes from frozen to being a tent which breaks the frozen situation and i continued to play :D

It did freeze again after that though with the next set of exploding barrels , but again rest and it unfroze
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

which key is the Any Key?

ok enough homer simpson jokes. Reset Key? I don't see no stinking Reset key on my keyboard, where is it located on yours?
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Neilsouth wrote:Found another way to fix this , hit the rest button... The guy goes from frozen to being a tent which breaks the frozen situation and i continued to play :D

It did freeze again after that though with the next set of exploding barrels , but again rest and it unfroze
Buy throwing weapons (stones/darts) and throw them at the exploding barrels that way you can avoid taking damage and hence the problem. (You hold down shift to specifically target barrels).
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
Neilsouth
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Neilsouth »

agnari wrote:which key is the Any Key?

ok enough homer simpson jokes. Reset Key? I don't see no stinking Reset key on my keyboard, where is it located on yours?
REST button , not RESET button... Button is another word i use for icon
AUDAN
Apprentice

Post by AUDAN »

PhilosophiX wrote:Buy throwing weapons (stones/darts) and throw them at the exploding barrels that way you can avoid taking damage and hence the problem. (You hold down shift to specifically target barrels).
Yes, this was my case too.
I even didn't understood that there is a bug :)
I just shoot the barrels with my Bow and pass through...