Your First Character Playing Book III?

Here's where all things related to Book III are being discussed!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Your First Character Playing Book III?

Post by Lord_P »

Hello, everyone! It's so great to be back, I was in a hospital for nearly a week, it was horrible.

But back on topic: My first character will be a "pure" mage, elemental and divination, with sky-high perception.
The Harpo Marxist
Apprentice

Post by The Harpo Marxist »

I'm going to play a bow focused Ranger for sure, with stealth skills. My favorite Eschalon experiences involve being low on ammo, pinned down, and forced to think creatively while waiting for my feats to cool down :)
CynVicious
Initiate

Post by CynVicious »

I will definitely start with a ranger, and hopefully build her well right from the start. I've chosen the wrong attributes before and had quite a hard time the first quarter to third of both Book I and II.
Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Aren't you worried about the beginning merchant not stocking enough arrows?
Yes!
Maybe I will wait a little to read the forums for advice before starting Book III.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Painted Lady wrote:
blatherbeard wrote:Priest, always.

Bludgeon, Healing, Lore, maps.

Thats ALL i need. ;P)
Interesting build - and one I've never tried. Are you Virtuous as well?
sorry for the late reply Miss Lady. Keep forgetting to add this page to my pages that open when i start chrome. (which i will fix today!)

But yes i do choose Virtuous if remebering correctly. Ill have to boot the game up to triple check.

ps. checked and yes, virtuous--technically its a cleric. Sometimes i add shields and/or heavy armor as well. And some defensive spells. didnt want you to think i only used Cartography, Bludgeon, Healing and Lore(i definitely just threw out the ones i always go for)

But those are def the ones i put more points into as i like a detailed map, hate not knowing what im carrying, love healing myself and beating enemies to death with a mace ;)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
WorBlux
Apprentice

Post by WorBlux »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:Aren't you worried about the beginning merchant not stocking enough arrows?
Never had a problem if you min-max and pump your skill up as high as you can first few levels and use a club until then, or find a skill book/trainer to buy an attack spell.

But I did ranger first time though last books.

This time I might try a babarian build. Light armor + bludgening + foraging.

Or maybe something like feral man dodge+unarmed+sneak
geishaboy
Marshall

Post by geishaboy »

I can't believe the no one is going for the thief/rogue build. It's my favourite.

Although I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to pull off a "jack-of-all-trades" type character this time around. God knows it proved a challenge with Book II.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

geishaboy wrote:I can't believe the no one is going for the thief/rogue build. It's my favourite.
If BW does in fact implement the change in Rogue builds that's been suggested (e.g. that three of the Rogue "Titles" will start with either Pick Lock, Skullduggery or Hide in Shadows...), then I think I'll try playing one of those as a "side play" to my main Ranger playthrough. It might be fun to play Druidic Rouge with starting Level 5 in Hide in Shadows... ;)
Janusz11
Apprentice

Post by Janusz11 »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:My first build will almost certainly be a ranger, as always. :) Bows. Maybe an axe (depending on how the feats stack up this time) for chopping things open, inanimate or animate. I've always enjoyed harassing tactics more than straight up assault. :)
Same here albeit by experience this can make the game quite tough, at least in the beginning. But I was never keen on magic and am not a fighter kind of type either. I like the idea of staying hidden and striking from a distance (or shadows ;-)).
willwill
Initiate

Post by willwill »

Atheistic fighter (swords) is my choice. He will learn some divination and practical skills but fighting is his piece of a cake.
Nolife is better than no life at all.
Stardragon
Initiate

Post by Stardragon »

My character: nefarious Kessian magick user. Heavy on Perception and Concentration, Intelligence and Wisdom next, with good Dex. Pumped Meditation to 20+, Arcane Elemental to around 20, with points in Cartography, Spot Hidden and Arcane Divination for Cats' Eyes and the Lore spell. Plus points trained here and there (especially the stealth skills) and picked up from books. A bit of an all-rounder, really, able to handle himself in any situation --- as a truly nefarious character should be! ;-)
severian
Senior Steward

Post by severian »

Paladin->Merchant->KnowItAll

Merchant character makes it all so comfortable, easy to develop most of useful skills to level 10 with no skillpoits spent.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

I actually ended up crapping the priest idea, sort of.

Still technically a priest but im shooting for what i would consider a monk build.

heals, unarmored or light armor(havent decided yet), unarmed combat are where the major points are going, but i usually gain other skills since you can use books and buy them anyway. (just wont put any points in most)

then lots of str,dex ans wis.

we will see if i screw it up or if i triumph. ;)

im not afraid of committing a whoops and replaying lol
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.