Fallout: New Vegas

We're gamers in here! All platforms, any genre. Share with us your latest gaming obsession.
omnom
Pledge

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Post by omnom »

My pet peeve with New Vegas, just as it was with Fallout 3, is that you get A LOT of dialogue choices about things you shouldn't have any knowledge of. I still remember the first time I walked into Megaton in F3, started talking with the sheriff and these were basically the immediate dialogue options:

1. [Dialogue choice 1]
2. [Dialogue choice 2]
3. "I could help you disarm that bomb"
4. Goodbye.

"There's... a bomb here somewhere?", I thought to myself. A gutpunch to the immersion. That was just the first such punch of many to come, but still.

I could rant a dozen pages about the flaws and shortcomings of Fallout 3 and NV. It's just amazing how those damn games still managed to be so popular. Personally, I enjoyed NV more than F3, simply due to its atmosphere. Guess I'm more of a desert person at heart, rather than a ruinedcity person.
noname
Marshall

Post by noname »

Thank you all for the info on new Vegas. I didn't like Fallout 3 and it sounds like I wouldn't like Vegas either. Maybe I'm the only one but the main thing that drove me crazy in Fallout 3 was the borrrring scenery. Nothin but gray landscape interspersed with gray broken concrete. I realize that it is supposed to be a wasteland but so was Fallout 1 and 2 and even Tactics and I found those games to be extremely replayable. Graphics usually aren't a priority with me but that sparsley populated dull landscape just finally got to me about half way through and I found myself looking to other games.
vdweller
Senior Steward

Post by vdweller »

Fallout: New Vegas is one of the better RPGs out there.

Not as good as Fallout 1 or 2, but still...
willwill
Initiate

Post by willwill »

I like Fallout 3 more than NW. Better story and I don't like NW:s cowboy theme. NW feels also more unbalanced and I don't mind to tinker with ammo etc.

And why so many games are placed in wasteland? It's quite boring after all. I would love to see more "space opera".
Nolife is better than no life at all.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

I like Fallout:New Vegas better than Fallout 3. I like the fact that your character can side with either faction or none. I thought the cowboy theme added something different and that the protagonist did not come from a vault. I also like the dlc of Fallout:NV better than Fallout 3's. The Dead Money dlc was very challenging. Do not get me wrong I like Fallout 3. I simply like Fallout:NV more.
History is written by the winners!
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Absolutely FONV was better written, better done, and much more content than FO3 and being from new england but living in texas i love the cowboy aspect since there are not many real good cowboy feeling games.

either way though, over 100 hrs in each! lol
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
kelticpete
Council Member

Post by kelticpete »

I love the mods for fnv they are incredible
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!