Q&A - Ask a question, Get an answer

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Benedict
Initiate

Post by Benedict »

chrisglie wrote:Is there a way to turn off all music and sound completely?
Turn off your speakers?
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

I assume they asked because they want to play some other music. It isn't a priority for me I must admit - the soundtrack is actually one of the best bits of the game IMO.
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

You can off music, environmental sound and footstep volume by setting it to 0%, but you can't off the other sound effects.
quasius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by quasius »

I went into a room in the Grimmhold Maintenance level and after clearing it of some noximanders that ambushed me when I opened a chest, I found the only exit blocked by a portcullis. I can't figure out how to reopen it. Screenshot below. Help please.

Edit: Pic removed because the question was answered and apparently a picture of a random dungeon room is a spoiler. :roll:
Last edited by quasius on December 1st, 2007, 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

I think the button is where the noxis came out..... :9
"FUL IR"
quasius
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by quasius »

Gothmog wrote:I think the button is where the noxis came out..... :9
Thanks. I found it. Not sure how I kept missing it. I was about to edit my save game to get out...
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

might want to edit out your pic and question since its pretty much a spoiler.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

In the screenshots there is a screenshot (screenshot 11) that is captioned: "In this screenshot, we see several Timberland Giants warring against some Town Guards. The player makes his way through the skirmish in search of a target."

I was curious if that was an event in the final game (I completed it but never found this) and if so where does it happen and when?
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

Question about the sound track.

some of that startup or loading music reminds me of music I heard or recall in a SCIFI channel show production.

what is the music?
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

PhilosophiX: That was part of of a storyline branch that was eliminated from Book I. You learn some of the history of men and the enslavement of giants in the Book I, but we decided to tell more of this conflict later. That screenshot never got replaced.

aganari: The into music (theme) was custom written by a musician for the game. I watch SCIFI quite frequently and have not heard anything similar, although similarities would be coincidental.
macmert
Apprentice

Post by macmert »

Can we Have the soundtrack or download is somewhere??? I have to admit the intro music is just awesome!! It makes you feel like "HELL YEA I WILL KICK ASS AND BE THE HERO OF ESCHALON!!!" so I would like to hear a longer version of that incredible music :D I would love to have it on my ipod...
TragoR
Pledge

Post by TragoR »

This may sound stupid but from where i can download the 1.03 pach :) and where i can find the medallion from the north parish i found a security key
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Patch 1.03 is available from the Book I information page.
TragoR
Pledge

Post by TragoR »

I can't find the link :oops: i looked there

okey i admit it i'm very stupid
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

It's the big blue button that says "1.03 Update". Maybe we need to identify that better as a link.

Here's a direct link: http://basiliskgames.com/patches/eb1_103_update.exe
Last edited by BasiliskWrangler on December 4th, 2007, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.