[Need help]Giant Village and some small suggestion

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Mr Smirk
Initiate

[Need help]Giant Village and some small suggestion

Post by Mr Smirk »

Hi there. Just got some questions to ask

1. How to go to Giant Village? I have all the landmark marked for quick travel.

2. Does the 1.03 patch overwrite my savefile which mean I need to start over again? Just to make sure before I patch the game

3. I know many people might have posted this. Please add a Run option. Seriously, traveling from north to south on walking speed can turn a straight man to gay (bad joke but you get the idea :lol: )

4. Perhaps a toolbar than allows player to put more than 10 spells? Playing as a spellcaster I'm having problem to hotkey some of the spells. 10 slot is just not enough.

Thanks for answering :)
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Ginats Village (spoilers)

Post by GSV3MiaC »

1) Head S from the Loneloft marker, through the gate, and then as far west as you can get. Did you not buy the map from an innkeeper yet? Don't have the gate key? The Teleporter network will take you to a house due N of the giants village, iirc. Or you can get there via the Ossuary.

2) No, but any map fixes will not be applied in regions you have already finished, and any items changes (powered up swords etc) don't apply to items you already have.

3) Don't ask me, I already asked Basiliskwrangler.

4) You'll just have to cast them from the spellbook I guess (which overwrites hotkey #1 each time). It's not like there is any real-time rush to cast a spell. Lay back and enjoy the flowers. Oh wait, that could apply to #3 as well, except there aren't in flowers int he deep south.
Last edited by GSV3MiaC on December 2nd, 2007, 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vid
Senior Steward

Re: Ginats Village (spoilers)

Post by vid »

GSV3MiaC wrote: 4) You'll just have to cast them from the spellbook I guess (which overwrites hotkey #1 each time). It's not liek there is any real-time rush to cast a spell. Lay back and enjoy the flowers. Oh wait, that could apply to #3 as well, except there aren't in flowers int he deep south.
i already made a suggestion for more hotkeys through the use of the SHIFT/ALT/CTRL keys in combination with 1-0. NWN did this also for example.
Mr Smirk
Initiate

Re: Ginats Village (spoilers)

Post by Mr Smirk »

GSV3MiaC wrote:1) Head S from the Loneloft marker, through the gate, and then as far west as you can get. Did you not buy the map from an innkeeper yet? Don't have the gate key? The Teleporter network will take you to a house due N of the giants village, iirc. Or you can get there via the Ossuary.
Well the gate is locked and I don't have the key. And yes I got the worldmap.
And what teleporter network? :shock:
cubgrace
Apprentice

Post by cubgrace »

I think there will never be a faster walking speed. To me it’s just right and overall I think the number of people complaining about it is small. Also compared to older games it’s just about right. Having the quick travel is something older games did not have and is a plus.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

A fix for this in the next game could be horses.
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

I forget which Might&Magic 2 or maybe even 1, introduced Lloyd's Beacon essentially the Portal spell but without the 6 options only 1.

Wizardry as far back as 1982, yeah the LAST century, had teleport spell.
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Re: Giants Village (spoilers)

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Mr Smirk wrote:
GSV3MiaC wrote:1) Head S from the Loneloft marker, through the gate, and then as far west as you can get. Did you not buy the map from an innkeeper yet? Don't have the gate key? The Teleporter network will take you to a house due N of the giants village, iirc. Or you can get there via the Ossuary.
The goblin teleporter network that the bent priest in the first town is associated with (assuming you found the sick man you should have the right ingredient list to fire it up).
Mr Smirk
Initiate

Post by Mr Smirk »

GSV3MiaC wrote: The goblin teleporter network that the bent priest in the first town is associated with (assuming you found the sick man you should have the right ingredient list to fire it up).
I screwed-up that quest by killing the poor guy xD....
And how to get the key of the south gate?
Psilon
Initiate

Post by Psilon »

South Gate key is in Darkford. You have one chance, and only one chance, to steal it.

It sounds like your best shot is to go through the Ossuary.
Mr Smirk
Initiate

Post by Mr Smirk »

Psilon wrote:South Gate key is in Darkford. You have one chance, and only one chance, to steal it.

Who has the key in Darkford?
How to go to Ossuary?

EDIT: I restart the game with a new character and finally manage to know how to activate the portal. Now if only I can find an alembic.... :?:
miles foreman
Initiate

Post by miles foreman »

Mr Smirk wrote:
Psilon wrote:South Gate key is in Darkford. You have one chance, and only one chance, to steal it.

Who has the key in Darkford?
How to go to Ossuary?

EDIT: I restart the game with a new character and finally manage to know how to activate the portal. Now if only I can find an alembic.... :?:
The alembic is next to the teleporter.
The key is inside Darkford. There is only one NPC there.
The Ossuary is located in the Western Salted Coast. Keep following the path south from Bordertown through Tangletree to get there. Be wary though, lots of monsters.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Mr Smirk wrote: How to go to Ossuary?
?? You said up-thread you had all the quick travel landmarks marked .. well the Ossuary is one of them (the last one iirc).
Mr Smirk
Initiate

Post by Mr Smirk »

Got the key and now heading to the village. Yeah~ (and tons of giant acid worm chasing me xD)
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

GSV3MiaC wrote:
Mr Smirk wrote:
The goblin teleporter network that the bent priest in the first town is associated with (assuming you found the sick man you should have the right ingredient list to fire it up).
HUH! does he have the ingredient list for this - DAMN never seen that and couldn't figure out how to get going