[Spoiler Request] Blackwater - Divine Ore Quest

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Java2
Pledge

Post by Java2 »

sorry, but how to open the first door in the cave ? I tried put in all 3 torchs and step on the plate infront of the door.
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

Java2 wrote:sorry, but how to open the first door in the cave ? I tried put in all 3 torchs and step on the plate infront of the door.
You need 6 torches.
AUDAN
Apprentice

Post by AUDAN »

I've got the Divine Ore, and I bring it back to the Gunther (The Blackwater's Smith) and yeah I received just 100 XP, but I was prepared because I saw the other topic where it's pointed and explained and ok it must be 1000 XP and will be in 1.03. :lol:

BUT now I have a serious question !

In this topic (click) I saw this:

And I wonder if this "Divine Ore Great Sword" is related with the Ore itself and some way to use it to Imbue weapon or just the Smith make it afterward and you can buy it from him.

From what I see maybe it is Imbued with Alchemy at least 15 for that +3/+3 bonus, but what is more interesting is that huge base damage :)

So is anyone knows what is the situation with this "Divine Ore Great Sword"?

:)
Silver
Pledge

Post by Silver »

No, this sword is NOT related with Divine Ore quest. It's related with man in Blackwater's tavern who ask you to kill Lith ( if i spell it right)
JamMasterJR
Pledge

Post by JamMasterJR »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
HINT wrote:With a bit of light the solution may be clearer....
Um, maybe I'm dense but I don't get it. All the torch holders are lit and I'm holding a torch but I still can't see anything happen when I step on the floor plate.

What am I missing?
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who do not.
JamMasterJR
Pledge

Post by JamMasterJR »

JamMasterJR wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:
HINT wrote:With a bit of light the solution may be clearer....
Um, maybe I'm dense but I don't get it. All the torch holders are lit and I'm holding a torch but I still can't see anything happen when I step on the floor plate.

What am I missing?
Never mind. After submitting this post, I saw the answer given previously.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary and those who do not.
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

Asharak wrote:
Jaesun wrote:Unfortunately I found this cave early on and killed the Bandit or whatever he was, outside of the entrance. Now (I SO wish we could have a map notes option) I am trying to find it again. Is it located in the Central Tangletree Forest area correct? I'm ripping my hair out trying to remember where this was. Could anyone help? :/
It's not in Central Tangletree. It's actually on the Northeastern Crakamir map (as dagorkan says, that's the map immediately west of the Tangletree Ossuary map, and immediately south of Western Tangletree) - the eastern part of the map is just one simple forest trail, before it opens up in the western half to the plain with the gate into Crakamir. The cave is along that forest trail. Just walk that trail once; you can't miss it. :)

- Ash
The quest log says that the bandits are hidden "east" of blackwater, so people went to western tanglewood and checked, can't find it, head east again, and landed up back in central tanglewood.
Beorn
Pledge

Post by Beorn »

It appears to me that you cannot accomplish anything here without some ability to deal with traps.
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

Beorn wrote:It appears to me that you cannot accomplish anything here without some ability to deal with traps.
Well, not precisely true ~ you could just have a lot of hitpoints and healing, too. ;)
MissArcher
Pledge

Post by MissArcher »

Durrrr. So. Where are the mercenaries that has the blacksmith's ore?? I admit it! I'm confused!!
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Hello MissArcher,

Checkout this topic:

http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=969
History is written by the winners!