RPGWatch Indie RPG of the Year

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

dalamber wrote:A lot of Spiderweb fans such as myself are a bit bored with Vogel releasing same games year after year, and Depths of Peril is just crap to my mind, so there's little to no competition to this excellent game!
Hmmm I didn't find Depths of Peril crap at all - I played the demo and purchased the game as well - it is in my mind a very good game to play :D
Atomic
Initiate

Post by Atomic »

The choices are a little weak in my opinion but i voted for Eschalon nonetheless.
saintlexical
Pledge

Post by saintlexical »

There's really no competition. None of the other games on the list have Linux clients.
System Configuration:

Ubuntu 7.10
AMD 3200+
1GiB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT
Opunaesala
Apprentice

Post by Opunaesala »

Consider it voted for!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Atomic wrote:The choices are a little weak in my opinion but i voted for Eschalon nonetheless.
Out of curiosity who would you want on that list?
Atomic
Initiate

Post by Atomic »

Well weak is probably not the best word here. I dont follow the indie scene that much so i have no idea how many rpg were made this year but having only 4 choices in this poll doesnt seem to be a lot. That's why i said it was 'weak'.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I think thats all there really was.
PaSquall
Steward

Post by PaSquall »

Done ! EB1 has more than 80% votes now.
Laudimir
Apprentice

Post by Laudimir »

I voted for Eschalon, as well :P

If Avernum 5 had been a choice...it would have been hard!.
Dhruin
Initiate

Post by Dhruin »

Atomic wrote:Well weak is probably not the best word here. I dont follow the indie scene that much so i have no idea how many rpg were made this year but having only 4 choices in this poll doesnt seem to be a lot. That's why i said it was 'weak'.
This is a great year. A fantastic year. Prior to this, the only entrants you'd see (for many years) would be Spiderweb's two games each year. There's a strong indie scene in terms of roguelikes, mods, JRPGs using RPG Maker (we don't follow JRPGs) and ambitious plans but in terms of finished western-style CRPGs worth playing -- almost none, Spiderweb aside.

We held Avernum 5 over for the Windows version. I know a lot of you use other systems but I didn't see much point in a poll choice most of our readers just couldn't choose.

Oh, and Depths of Peril is awesome. Really, I know it isn't a classic CRPG but it is a fantastic game.

Well done to Basilisk and Eschalon, though. :)
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

Voted for eschalon book 1.