Mercenary camp - special ore quest.

Ask questions, share hints or chat in general about Eschalon: Book I.
Starkz
Initiate

Mercenary camp - special ore quest.

Post by Starkz »

I ended up at Blackwater in a rather roundabout way and got the quest from the blacksmith to get his ore back from a camp of Mercenaries East of Blackwater.

Now the only camp I can find is in the Tangletree region and I wiped them out ages ago. I'm a bit worried that if I did pick up any special ore I've sold it already :( I can't seem to find any other camp.

Have I ruined this quest or have I simply not found the camp? Don't mind a spoiler for this one since I'm pretty sure I have exploered every map east of Blackwater.
Thanks for any help.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

The camp that you wiped out, was the front entrance guarded by a very tough mercenary? Did you have to go down to reach a cave? If this is the camp you may have sold the divine ore. Otherwise you have not found it yet.
Last edited by realmzmaster on December 19th, 2007, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
History is written by the winners!
Starkz
Initiate

Post by Starkz »

down to a cave? as in the camp is in a cave? then no. It was more of a house , above the Queen bee caves.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

The cave is on the same map as the destroyed city of Loneloft in Northeastern Crakami. You will encounter some Hive Drones and two outside hives that may or may not have lavre in them. The cave is located at coordinates x=54 y=111. You can get the coordinates by holding down the Tab key. You pass the cave as you go down a long narrow route.
History is written by the winners!
Starkz
Initiate

Post by Starkz »

cool! I know where you mean. I've been to the top of the map but not further south. I think I was taking "East" to be too literal.
Thanks very much. can't wait to get back to it again tonight after work.
rocketriter
Initiate

Open Door

Post by rocketriter »

I'm having a bad hair day. I get into the cave, I step on the trap at the upper-right, I hear a click, but I can't detect anything opening or closing. Help?
Josia
Senior Steward

Re: Open Door

Post by Josia »

rocketriter wrote:I'm having a bad hair day. I get into the cave, I step on the trap at the upper-right, I hear a click, but I can't detect anything opening or closing. Help?
The classic hint for this puzzle:

It's pretty dark in there. You might want to find a way to shed some light on the subject.
rocketriter
Initiate

Post by rocketriter »

Interesting. I did put a torch in every sconce and also lit a Gravedigger's Flame, but I still just get that wee click when I step on the trap. Must be something I ate.
Josia
Senior Steward

Post by Josia »

rocketriter wrote:Interesting. I did put a torch in every sconce and also lit a Gravedigger's Flame, but I still just get that wee click when I step on the trap. Must be something I ate.
It's just the torches. Make sure you didn't miss any sconces; if I recall correctly, there are at least 3 per column, if not 4.
rocketriter
Initiate

Post by rocketriter »

Bingo. And I enjoyed the other puzzles in this area, which were quite a blast!