go south beyond Crakamir?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Siemova
Apprentice

go south beyond Crakamir?

Post by Siemova »

In Book I, the southern border of Crakamir doesn't let you pass, informing you (IIRC) that it would be too dangerous and you should save the journey for another day. Is that merely a narrative way of explaining an arbitrary, permanent border, or do you expect to allow passage later (whether in Book II or in a content update for Book I)?
"What you embrace is what you become."
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

I am thinking both your thoughts are correct. it is currently a block. However, I am sure there will be more exploration in II and expansions to I. Like with the Lighthouse. I am sure BW will be adding maps to this later.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Post by GSV3MiaC »

There was an earlier post from BW suggesting that the lighthouse / boat might get 'opened up' in a subsequent patch, making E1 just a bit bigger. However that comment hasn't been repeated recently.

There was never any suggestion that you could go further into the infinite South. Or get through the 'not designed to be opened' gate in the NW either.
Siemova
Apprentice

Post by Siemova »

GSV3MiaC wrote:There was an earlier post from BW suggesting that the lighthouse / boat might get 'opened up' in a subsequent patch, making E1 just a bit bigger. However that comment hasn't been repeated recently.
Actually, earlier today he confirmed to me that they're still working on it. See here. 8)
"What you embrace is what you become."